How to use diigo

how can you hide public highlights

Want to highlight a page, but there are already unrelated public highlights on it, which I can't seem to remove. Besides which, they're totally breaking the formatting of the page. Using the Chrome extension.

19 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
tttffftttfff shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Starfruit2000Starfruit2000 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm using Firefox and I also seem to have the same/similar issues - all my highlights are listed in my Diigo as public! I tried to find a way to set it private but there is no options offered in settings. This seems like a serious bleach of privacy.

I also had a hard time finding this forum on Diigo - I duckduckgo-ed, I googled - why is it so hard?

• Gene TognettiGene Tognetti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm trying to also highlight a part of a page with some public notes (re-highlight for my purposes) in a PRIVATE file I need. Can't do it. This needs to be fixed...

• jbetoniojbetonio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same question for chrome. I just moved from firefox and while I could put up with not having all the features of the toolbar, this hiding of public notes is a big one for me. Nothing in the diigo highlighter extension options, no options when looking at a public note.

Feedback and Knowledge Base