Bugs

Notice a bug? Please share the detail with us. Thanks for your help!

Got a feature suggestion or have a general usage question? Please check the right side of this page and choose “Ideas” or “How-to” forum.

Tell us the issue you experienced

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Group bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Font problem in firefox extension bookmark dialog

Firefox extension bookmark dialog has some problems with sizing: tags field is too small considering the font size -- it cuts letters in half. Probably this is because field size is hard-coded, and I have non-default font sizes (enlarged) in my setup.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Firefox extension bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. highlights disappear

Highlights disappear on pages with hashcodes.

Unlike (http://feedback.diigo.com/forums/76543-bugs/suggestions/1980813-highlights-wont-load-if-urls-have-hash-code-) I'm not expecting that the highlights will remain on different "pages". In fact, I want the highlights to be different.

For example:

I add some highlights to:
    http://benchprep.com/app/pmp-prep-course#read/basic-concepts

Then go to another, fundamentally different, page like:
    http://benchprep.com/app/pmp-prep-course#read/managing-projects

And then go back to the initial page (same URL, with hashcode). My highlights are gone.

However, it appears that if I "turn off" the extension then turn it back on (via the square icon), then I get some of the highlights back... need to play with this more.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Chrome Extension bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Sandy_diigoSandy_diigo responded

The two pages can not be signed into without password. Can you please send some
    screenshot to info@diigo.com?

5. Import email adresses

Hi,
    I tried several times to import my Email adresses from Gmail, Outlook or Lotus Note and it doesn't work.
    Is it possible to make it on the free version of Diigo ? And how ? Is there a format or a method who works better ?
    Moreover, the email adresses already typed in Diigo when I share my bookmarks don't remain recorded in the Diigo adress book or rarely. It's really boring to have to type the email adresses whennever.
    Is there a problem with this functionnality ?
    Thanks a lot for your answer,
    Nedynamam

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The number of highlighted non white space characters needs to be between 5 and 2000. Please select some text and try again.

Sometimes I want to highlight only the words "not", "or", "one", ....
    So please delete the limit of 5 characters, because I really like your service.

Br and keep it up.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. DiigoToolbar.5.1.20.dll Reported by MS as unsafe

After installing this version of the toolbar I'm getting a message whenever I try to display the Diigo Sidebar that the dll has been reported to Microsoft as unsafe.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Can you please give us some screenshot? More detail you provide,more quickly we can deal with it.

9. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

The problem can not be reproduced. Can you please give us some screenshot to better elaborate this problem?

10. UX problem: change position of diigo notice on search results page

Diigo inserts a notice in the Google results page: "Nothing found in your Diigo library".
    It inserts this momentarily after the rest of the page loads, causing the rest of the page to reflow.
    But the reflowing causes the search engine results to reposition on the screen AFTER I've set out to click on one, causing me to miss the result I was aiming for.
    This is annoying enough to outweigh the otherwise good utility diigo provides, and that equation = uninstall.
    The fix is simple: insert this notice anywhere else such that the screen does not reflow when it…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Chrome Extension bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Long tag names fail to auto-display in sidebar

Typing the first few letters of a tag in the search field in the Diigo Sidebar should show a list of all tags starting with those letters. However, long tags consistently fail to display. The tags are in my library, and typing the full names in the search bar will bring up their contents. But I cannot effectively view the contents of long tags without typing their full names.

This happens consistently in Mac Firefox, on multiple computers. Don't know whether it happens in other browsers or platforms.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Firefox extension bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. cannot highlight a word less than 5 letters

diigo cannot highlight a word less than 5 letters. For example, abbreviations like "MS", "TDMA", words like "how" "the" "this" all cannot be highlighted.

try this link http://gsmfordummies.com/tdma/tdma.shtml

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Diigolet bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We adopt this algorithm to avoid some cases users activate highlighter mistakenly.

13. Sharing with non-Diigo users - HELP

The annotated link that is generated by the 'share' function on both the diigo website and diigo toolbar is currently NOT resulting in a website showing my highlights - to those who I have shared the link with (via email). They go to the site through the link which then brings them to the webpage on which I've made highlights. However, the highlights do not appear.

Any ideas?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Chrome Extension bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Toolbar does nothing in my FF

I finally got my bookmarks into Diigo. I downloaded the latest toolbar. When I go to FF "manage add-ons" I can't get any settings to stick. I also can't see the sidebar or the toolbar. Nothing works even though I have the online version.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Firefox extension bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. rss feed not working

he RSS feed for my diigo bookmarks is also not working...when trying to subscribe to feedly it indicates it's not a valid feed address...also when trying to add it to my blogger page, using an RSS gadget within blogger it says the feed address is not valid. This is the url that is registering as invalid... https://www.diigo.com/rss/user/anearlgirl can you tell me what the problem is or what I need to fix?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Data loss, storage/character limit in QuickNotes app

This isn't an idea or bug, but a question (not sure where to ask). I just noticed that one of my notes in the QuickNotes app got cut off. I don't know what I lost. Can anybody inform me what the character limit or storage size limit is in the notes?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Chrome Extension bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Unable to download iPad app for Diigo

I am a freshmen and sophomore high school English teacher, and teach a research paper unit each semester. I have used the Diigo app for iPad since my high school went 1-1 with iPads three years ago. It has been a great digital replacement for index cards for my students. Much to my dismay, when I directed my students to download the app today, it is no longer available on iTunes. Diigo - please, please fix this! My students will be so disappointed if I make them use index cards again, and I really don't want to have to shift…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Group bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →