Tell us the issue you experienced

Read Later Fast: "Authorized failure" keeps occurring

I have to sign out/sign back in to get sync working across multiple machines (one is in a corporate network, which I think may be part of the issue)

35 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
njhwangnjhwang shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
logos1logos1 shared a merged idea: authorization failure on "read later fast" for chrome  ·   · 
Sandy_diigoSandy_diigo responded  · 

“Authorized failure” keeps occurring only on two circumstances, one is that you log in wrong credentials. Another is the account you logged in your read later fast doesn’t match with your diigo account in your diigo library under the same browser . Please check your situation for accuracy.The problem should be solved when you log out.
@quick_blue, can you visit www.diigo.com normally?

11 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • quick_bluequick_blue commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@sandy_diigo, I am logged in to RLF and diigo.com on Google Chrome (version 23.0.1271.97 m) using the same email/password. But sync is still not happening. The sync arrows continue to circle on and on endlessly while the library continues to show only those items bookmarked on or before 20-Nov-2012. I tried logging out of both RLF and diigo.com and logging back in, but still no change. I'm afraid this is still not working for me.

Btw, not sure what you meant by visiting diigo.com "normally"? When I logged out and opened the site, I simply saw the regular home page with the 'sign in', 'join diigo' and other links on the top right.

• quick_bluequick_blue commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sync is not working even when I'm logged in to Diigo.com... the sync arrows keep circling endlessly but none of my bookmarks have been saved to the library (or locally) since 20-Nov-12! HELP!!

Fyi, I am on Google Chrome Version 23.0.1271.97 m, and Read Later Fast 1.5.4 on Windows Vista.

• Ali JayAli Jay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's because when you erase your data ( cache, cookies and such ) your Diingo account will be automatically signed out. What you have to do is basically make your username and password as saved sign in.

you will be fine afterward, hope this helps

• justpatriciajustpatricia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nothing of mine has been saved since March 6 which sucks. I'm looking for a job so now I have to search my history in Chrome to find the things I THOUGHT were bookmarked.

• stiradostirado commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here. I'm using the Google Chrome Read Later Fast Extension and every time I open the browser and then open the Read Later Fast Extension, I get an Authorized Failure. I have to Stop sync and then Connect to Diigo.com via Google account. Only then I can submit new pages for reading later.

• ridiscridisc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

just the same as mentioned. I need to sign off then sign in, just then works till I close chrome.

• Erik HansonErik Hanson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem here. I use one computer on a corporate network and I sync Chrome across my various computers.

• logos1logos1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

same here, the message keeps coming back, and yes I have to sign out and back in to sync again.

Feedback and Knowledge Base