Tell us the issue you experienced

The chrome extension takes forever to load recommended tags

The chrome extension takes forever to load recommended tags . It never loads recommended tags.. Using chrome 10 and diigo web highlighter v1.6.3.2 . When logging in to the Diigo site the bookmarks doesnt appear in the list as well.

52 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Sam TridentSam Trident shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Sandy_diigoSandy_diigo responded  · 

It works quite fine for me. The problem cannot be reproduced.
1) How long the problem persists?
2)can you save bookmark even though recommend tags loads all the time?
2) Can you please try it on computer in different network connection?
3) Can it be OK on different browser,such as ff with the same computer?

22 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dawn LeeDawn Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just went back to check the changelog, I believe the problem for me started with v2.1. The problem for both Chrome and Firefox extension started at the same time. There were no problems before.

Since the problem started, both Chrome and Firefox extensions have completely stopped working and the same error messages are shown each time, so this is not a sporadic problem for me.

Just went back to check the changelog, I believe the problem for me started with v2.1. The problem for both Chrome and Firefox extension started at the same time. There were no problems before.

Since the problem started, both Chrome and Firefox extensions have completely stopped working and the same error messages are shown each time, so this is not a sporadic problem for me.

This problem seems to be occurring now as well, since the second last update of the Chrome extension. Running Windows XP on latest version of Chrome 25.0.1364.172. The recommended tags never load. If I try to bookmark, instead I get a message "Save bookmark failed. Network error."

At the same time, I also started getting a similar error on another machine using the Firefox diigolet (trying to save bookmark "fails"). The other machine is running Vista on another location.

There are no problems with the internet connection in both locations. Seems like the problem occurred only when the extensions were recently updated.

• rajatirumalaraorajatirumalarao commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The problem is sporadically , when this problem occurs i go to the book mark library and add the book mark there , after i come back the next few attempts for bookmarking functions well

• Kathy FiedlerKathy Fiedler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am getting all of these issues, and more. Tried Firefox, Safari, and Chrome. The only difference is that when in Firefox, I am getting the "server error. Your information may not have been saved. Try again later" message. This has been getting worse each day and today, I cannot bookmark anything. Operating on Mac OSX 10.6...ran all updates, restarted computer, etc. No dice.

• Irene JansenIrene Jansen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Recommended tags stopped appearing for me today, on both Safari/iPad and Chrome/iMac. Big pain.

Also today, Diigo is asking me to sign in constantly. Bigger pain.

This on top of the two week old problem (reported elsewhere) of group email alerts suspended. I've never seen this many problems in a short period of time. What's going on?

• Pierce SalgueroPierce Salguero commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The same problem is now manifesting in Safari 5.1.7. Each time I go to bookmark a page, I need to re-login to the bookmarklet. Then, when I click on the "Save Bookmark" option, it takes forever for the recommended tags to appear. Then, when any finally do appear, I save the bookmark but it does not get saved to my list. If I reload the page and try again, I'm logged out of the bookmarklet.

• Jason KeownJason Keown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having the same issue. I try to bookmark using the chrome extension, the recommended tags never load so I choose my own, and hit bookmark. It does not save the bookmark to my list.

• Jack DanielsJack Daniels commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't care much about recommended tags. I can type them myself but inability to select category is a dealbreaker for me.

• phil0472 phil0472 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tried every couple months. Can't afford to wasting time any more time. Too bad I liked it a lot.

• Fuzbolero .Fuzbolero . commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is seriously limiting the usefulness (and "delight") of Diigo when using Chrome. With an increasing volume of information, such services simply need to get faster and faster if they want to stay popular.

• Katherine RuddickKatherine Ruddick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having these same problems too. Uninstalled and reinstalled extension to no avail. Recommended tags don't load, tag completion-suggestions don't load, cannot save to groups, and bookmarked sites using the extension don't ever show up in my library. This started happening about 2 months ago for me. On my home Mac it works; on my work PC it does not.

• Rodrigo GonzálezRodrigo González commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It works for me. Sometimes the recommended tags don't load, but nevertheless I'm able to save my bookmarks and store them in one of my lists.

• Rodrigo GonzálezRodrigo González commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I experience the very same problem. I'm using Chromium 14.0.835.202 (Build for developers 103287 Linux) in Ubuntu 11.10

• David LanznarDavid Lanznar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am seeing this too: current Chrome 15 (OS X 10.6.8), diigo web hilighter v1.6.3.5. Recommended tags never load, and tag completion-suggestion doesn't work in the tag-entry field.

• Fuzbolero .Fuzbolero . commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

still all too often slow, and when that particular thing happens, I just skip bookmarking, or make a quick private untagged bookmark "to deal with later" (=when I am retired?), which reduces the usefulness (and the related generated traffic) of social bookmarking. Speed (convenience) is everything to such a service.

• Mark SutzMark Sutz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not fixed and every single day I have a problem with it in Chrome. PLEASE FIX THIS.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base