Tell us the issue you experienced

my tags aren't showing the pages actually bookmarked

my tag cloud shows the number of pages I have bookmarked but whatever tag I click on says there are no bookmarks categorized under that tag. Help, please. This makes my over 6,000 bookmarks pretty much unusable!

117 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anne McCrossanAnne McCrossan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  Sandy_diigoSandy_diigo responded  · 

@Aarne Hagman,F TERCIOGLU,Ben C and Beth Hartranft,we have fixed your issues. Please check it. Have anyone else experienced this problem? If so,please tell us some specific examples.

79 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Chris PirklChris Pirkl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm experiencing the same issue, but only for one tag "Google Apps for Ed". Clicking on any of the other tags brings up the appropriate bookmarks, including those tagged with the problem tag.

• Maria HaanpääMaria Haanpää commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh, here's a couple of things I forgot to mention a moment ago, regarding this same bug.

1. I think the tags disappeared today at about 6 pm GMT, or shortly before that.

2. Bookmarks and tags that I had saved on previous days were not affected. (Same thing on the previous weekends - old stuff remained intact.)

3. When I first noticed this bug some two weeks ago, I waited for a day or so, to see if the tags come back all by themselves. They didn't. I had to re-tag my then-affected bookmarks.

• Maria HaanpääMaria Haanpää commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I experienced a similar issue again today (Sunday, July 8th). Some of my bookmarks with a particular tag suddenly "disappeared" in a peculiar way:

1. When I viewed the list of all my tags, the list showed a correct number of bookmarks with that particular tag.

BUT:

2. When I request my bookmarks with that particular tag, only the very latest bookmarks with that particular tag appeared.

3. All my bookmarks could still be found via "My Library" which is supposed to show my latest bookmarks with any tag. This has been a relief, because through "My Library" I've been able to re-tag the "disappeared" bookmarks. After that, they again showed up normally, even when I request them by tag.

This is the thirds weekend in a row when this same thing happens. (I don't know if the same problem has been occurring on weekdays too, since I've been doing my bookmarking work on weekends lately.)

I'm not a computer expert, but all this makes me think that Diigo is making a systematic error in some database/indexing routine. Bookmarks stay in the database, but their tags are somehow retrospectively erased from the index of tags?

• Luis FerreiraLuis Ferreira commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem with my bookmarks. It seems that one of the bookmarks does not show up when I select that tag. If I have only one bookmark I get a message saying that no bookmarks exist. Could it be an array initiation problem (like starting an index with one instead of zero)?

• Violetta VaneVioletta Vane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem. Any new tag won't seem to take. If you look at mine, try clicking on "Hawaiian Gothic review" and nothing will come up.

• jenuhljenuhl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This keeps happening to me repeatedly. Then I go in and retype my tags and save and it works. then it will stop working again later. So annoying though and way too time consuming. Why is this happening? Please fix. When I look at the tag "lesson II.B.2", I should see much more than this:
    http://www.diigo.com/user/jenuhl/%22lesson%20II.B.2%22

• Tom RomanoTom Romano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here...

These issues are ridiculous - are they going to fix individual users one-by-one?

Time to find an alternative, again.

• Ben CBen C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks, sandy_diigo, the problems are fixed except for the Sort By Usage and Sort by Alphabetic pages. Deleted tags are still showing up there.

• F TERCIOGLUF TERCIOGLU commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem.

I just log in to my account via crome browser. NO application web log in...

if i search for TAGs i get "nothing found" but the TAGs are there...

if this is a problem for so long what is the fix?

I am a premium user, main reason i purchased Diigo is TAGs if they are not working then what is teh point...

• Ben CBen C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've the same problem and I can't seem to delete my tags as well.

• Beth HartranftBeth Hartranft commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My tags are being added to my tagroll but when I click the link for the tag it says "no items" for this tag or it shows me older bookmarks.

• maarten smaarten s commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At the very moment I have this problem with tags or an enhanced link roll, which I use in workshops. I'm really surprised to dee that this is not an new issue, but happening on and off for some months. What is it?

• L RPL RP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue for me today.
    My tags are still there when i check/edit each of my bookmark.
    ...but when i click on a Tag, it says "no items" categorized under that tag.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base