Tell us the issue you experienced

losing highlights

I highlighted a lot of things on some webpages. But when I came back to these pages later, some highlights were lost. I re-highlighted one of them, went to another page and came back, and found again part of the highlights (with sticky notes) lost. And some highlights were moved to another word. This is weird and annoying.

34 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
linjielinjielinjielinjie shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • RonstarcRonstarc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My Screen Recorder Pro is an excellent screencasting tool. Records your screen and audio from the speakers or your voice from the microphone - or both simultaneously. The recordings are clear and look great when played back on your PC or uploaded to YouTube. It will record directly to AVI, WMV, MP4, or FLV. Just perfect for creating tutorials, demos, and presentations.
    http://www.deskshare.com/video-screen-capture.aspx

• Ryan AdamsRyan Adams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just got the same probelm, Lost about a day and a half's research for my project due by the end of the week, No genuine fix on the forums, Thanks a damn lot!

• bgoodrbgoodr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@sandy_diigo: I see "For other users, please provide screencast like Juha Lassila ". Please send infoon how to do that that is not Microsoft Windows specific.

• Rice YehRice Yeh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I first met this problem, I though that it might be because I have not paid for formal users. Then I paid for one month of membership but unfortunately the problem still not gone. For such unstable highlight function, it is hard for people to pay for it.

• Sandy_diigoAdminSandy_diigo (Admin, Diigo ) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Juha Lassila
    Thanks for your inputs! I adopt nearly the same steps as you on the same page, it works fine for me.
    FYI,http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cl1t66HSs
    a. I go to a page in wikipedia
    b. I highlight a couple of words including an image
    c. I can see that the bookmark arrives in my Diigo sidebar
    d. I close the tab that had the annotated wikipedia page
    e. I reopen the wikipedia page: the annotation does show up
    f. I go to my library,the annotation also shows up there
    For other users, please provide screencast like Juha Lassila
    We appreciate your posts.

• Mike BlythMike Blyth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As someone shopping for which service to actually pay for, it's rather disconcerting to see possibly major bugs like this not being even commented on by the developers! Or has it been fixed?

• vgabowvgabow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Diigo, you need to fix this problem! Why aren't you working on this? At least post here so we know you're trying!

• Filius FobFilius Fob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've also lost most highlights and all annotations in a half-digested page that I returned to later to finish off, also through Chrome.

Software relies on being sufficiently stable that the user can trust that his work won't disappear. While I still like the idea of diigo, I've lost confidience in its stability so that I'm reluctant to invest more work in to it. I certainly won't invest money in a plan now.

Also, the forums seem a little overly geared towards feature requests rather than answering usage/bug questions. Is my issue a bug? Or have I misused diigo? I can't tell from the way the forums are organised.

Disappointing that diigo admin has not posted here on this issue in 9 months.

• roelfrenkemaroelfrenkema commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In chrome and chromium diigo is not consistently marking highlights and when it does only the first occurance in a page is marked. Utterly useless this way.

• Renea ManningtonRenea Mannington commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having this same problem as well, and it's really frustrating as that's one of the main features (as well as sticky notes) for me using Diigo. I also am finding some of sticky notes not even come up for me to use. I use firefox browers (4.0 I think, but maybe 3.6)

• Juha LassilaJuha Lassila commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm also experiencing sth like this

a. I go to a page in wikipedia
    b. I highlight a couple of words
    c. I can see that the bookmark arrives in my Diigo sidebar
    d. I close the tab that had the annotated wikipedia page
    e. I reopen the wikipedia page: the annotation doesn't show up
    f. I bookmark the page again (and save it to a group) and voila: the annotation shows up.
    If I remember the toolbar got updated recently. tried to reinstall the tb. no luck.

firefox v.3.6.15
    diigo toolbar 5.1.0.23

Feedback and Knowledge Base