Tell us the issue you experienced

My lists and groups are not showing in drop down menus in Firefox

When bookmarking, neither my lists or groups are not appearing in the drop down menus

46 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Al TuckerAl Tucker shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Sandy_diigoSandy_diigo responded  · 

1) first of all, sign out and sign in again
2) If you use firefox, please click diigo icon and then select “refresh toolbar data” from the drop down menu.
If you use chrome, please click “tag” on the latest version and the classic bookmark window appear. Secondly,choose “refresh” from the drop down menu of list or group.

16 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Terri HeadrickTerri Headrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having the same problem with Chrome. All of the sudden my lists, etc dissappeared when I click on the icon....the bookmark choice has gone away, too. Pretty much makes diigo not necessary.

• Tim RobbTim Robb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having the same problem. Usually only happens right after logging in to Diigo (but doesn't happen all the time).

I will go to bookmark a page and sometimes the suggested tags don't show up for me to choose from. Then, when I click on the "More Options/Add to List" tabs, my lists are not showing, all I see is "--------------"

A quick fix/workaround to resolve the problem is that I have a good idea of what my lists are so under the "More Options" tab I click on "Create a List" at the bottom of the "Add a List" dropdown and type in the list where I want to store the new page and then click "Create."

The next time you go to add a newly bookmarked page to a list, your List names will now be restored.

This is a royal P.I.T.A. I know but it works 99.9% of the time for me.

I'm had this problem with Firefox 3.6, 4.0, 5.0, 6.0, 7.0 and now 8.0 (For those of you who haven't heard, Firefox 9.0 will be out around Dec. 20th- GRRrrrrrr!!!)

Sidenote- In regards to the poster below whining about Diigo not working with Firefox Aurora...

Seriously Dude??? Ummm, Aurora is an "ALPHA" edition that is used to test the browser before it goes to "BETA." ALL software labelled with the "Alpha" tag means that it is in the first phase of testing before it goes to "BETA," the second phase of testing. Mozilla even states the following on its download page- "Experience the newest innovations before they go to beta in an environment that’s not for the faint of heart."

I've got some serious issues with Mozilla rushing out 6 new upgrades to their browser in less than a year and am having all kinds of problems with over half my plugins not working in the new editions but come on...!

You are using an EXPERIMENTAL browser, you should be sending bug reports to Mozilla, NOT complaining to Diigo about why their add-on won't work with an experimental browser.

• Ronald HicksRonald Hicks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Firefox Diigo add-on doesn't work with Firefox Aurora. I have paid to have an Diigo account now you guys are slowing me down. Please update the add-on so it is compatible with Firefox Aurora. Since I have paid I feel you are obligated to fix it please.

• Toby MarxToby Marx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My lists are not showing in drop down menus when I attempt to Bookmark in Firefox. The lists still exist in the libraries, but I can't access them when bookmarking. I tried restarting Firefox and even rebooting. That worked a few times, but no longer.

• Donna FDonna F commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Want to bookmark AND add to list - my list categories do not appear in the drop down - only "create a list". Help!

• Sandy_diigoSandy_diigo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you please sign out and sign in again?
    If the problem persists,how about trying to restart the firefox browser?

• Britt WatwoodBritt Watwood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Before upgrading to Firefox 4, as I would start typing a tag, possible tags from my 750+ tags would appear that I could click and speed up tagging. Appears to no longer do so, and I cannot find a setting to make it work. Suggestions?

• Siri AndersonSiri Anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It lists "My groups home" but the individual groups no longer show on the diigo toolbar drop down menu.

• Siri AndersonSiri Anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having the same problem. I've been using groups without issue for over a year, suddenly they are all gone. And when I created a new group and entered invites, no one received them.

• Jason StoneJason Stone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@sandy_diigo: Could you explain how to fix this problem if we do or do not see our groups in the 'My groups' menu under the diigo icon? We are suffering from this same problem with a class of users.

• Sandy_diigoSandy_diigo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please click the diigo icon of the toolbar and check whether your lists and groups show up in drop down menu.

Feedback and Knowledge Base