Ideas

Welcome to Diigo Ideas Forum

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!

For bug-reporting or general how-to questions, please check the right side of this page and choose “Bugs” or “How-to” forum.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. allow tag rolls to integrate in websites also for a specific list or tag/s

allow tag rolls to integrate in websites also for a specific list or tag/s

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  My Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bookmark Folder support

I want to find something that will allow me to replace my dependancy on Google sync for my Bookmarks. I have very deeply foldered bookmarks in Chromium. Some times 4, 5, or 6 folders deep in some cases. Folders inside of folders, inside of folders. Like a file system for my internet interests. But I am tired of being locked into Google Chrome for these bookmarks. Plus the are not in any way synced to my Android phone or iPad. which is RETARDED. Google boosts about this syncing feature on Chrome and Chrome OS. But does not offer an API…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Show sticky notes on Diigo iOS app

When I highlight text with iOS Diigo browser, highlighting displays in iOS Diigo APP, BUT notes do NOT.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  iPad App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  My Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Better Chrome extension (like in Firefox should do).

Diigo in Chrome is just not practical. I'd like to have toolbar where I can put my lists & sidebar for searching between my bookmarks. I just don't get it how can I use Diigo in Chrome (except to go to my library online).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Chrome Extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Have the ability to attach related notes

I'd like the option to be able to attach related noted together (like what happens when you screenshot a picture on a note page).

For example: when reading an editorial on a specific journal article, I'd like the ability to attach the page to the journal article to the editorial page (kind of in a bundle) because they are DIRECTLY related and one would make no sense without the other.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  xie qiangxie qiang responded

We are planning to enhance the annotation, then you can add related links in description.

7. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Safari Extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Awesome Screenshot

Allow file names based on a custom rule (e.g., url.jpg or url-date.jpg) in awesome screenshot.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Firefox extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add mobile site for iPhone

It is hard to use the Diigo site on iPhone, and since the iPhone App does not allow to edit bookmarks it is needed to do this in the browser. Alternatively the bookmarklet for iPhone should allow setting private and tags.

I noticed the full featured diigolet seems to work on iPhone, there is just no bookmarkable URL (help page describes button drag and drop in safari which does not work on iPhone)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Creating a smart folder for bookmarks in a folder + a tag.

Really enjoy smart folders, but I'm unable to create one that allows me to filter certain bookmarks in my "Resources" folder based on a certain tag. My request is to add the ability for me to add a tag to the smart filter for certain folders containing my bookmarks.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Firefox extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. use SSL to sync data

use SSL to sync data because your common page is blocked in my country.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Chrome Extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Android Quicknote Application - Needs to SYNC!

Your Android Applications need to be syncing with the diigo.com The Quick Note for Android is the best of its kind but has to many negative votes because it doesn't have the sync feature. Please release updates for both of your Android Applications.

Thanks! :)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Android App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. bookmark management

Bookmark management of my imported delicious BMs is impossible without the Premium feature full-text search. I have 1600 bookmarks that I will not be able to sort, or cull with any efficiency.

Just sayin'. I understand your need to make money.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Connecticut Casualty Company

We are a locally owned independent insurance agency successfully serving clients throughout Connecticut and other states for almost two decades.we will bring our expertise to the table and provide you with lowest cost-effective insurance solutions tailored to your individual needs.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The "Read Later" buttons should always save the website to cache for paying members.

When I press the "Read Later" button, I want the website saved to cache as well. It takes up to 2 years before I revisit some bookmarks to actually read them and in many cases the content doesn't exist anymore by then.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Chrome Extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    xie qiangxie qiang responded

All “Read Layer” bookmarks are cached for premium user.

16. announce any activity on our feedback ideas

I can only track the number of votes I've given. I'd like very much to know more easily when they receive votes and comments. You could implement this by showing a notification message on "Your ideeas" section or on email.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Fix the interests section!

Fix the interests section! There are no spaces between commas! The whole thing looks very messy.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Archiving Non-Web Content

When will diigo have the ability to archive non-web content such as email, RTF documents, embedded video, recordings, etc.?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  My Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. reduce subscription cost to something more competitive. (lower price)

Upon seeing that you had premium features at a not all too competitive price, I was kind of turned off and immediately searched for an alternative. Though, I'll give it to you; I found no competitors that offer my favorite features of Diigo.

Your closest competitor is Evernote, mostly because they allow annotations to cached webpages. However, they're too clunky and I like the simplicity of Diigo's caching more. I'm done with Evernote, most of their functionality can be achieved for free elsewhere, as can much of Diigo's -- differentiate yourself by giving people something new without having to pay…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Create a system to flag public spam or inappropriate content

The sign-up page for an educational site (www.edmodo.com) is decorated with a public sticky note from a student Diigo user (profile hidden) declaring "this site sucks." There should be a simple way to flag content like this as inappropriate, rather than wasting everyone's time with a whole email already sent, btw).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base