I suggest you ...

Share, Merge or Import with annotations, highlights

How do you share or transmit a Diigo bookmarks collection without loosing every annotations, highlights and notes?

It looks like we Diigo users can't convey a bookmarks list, group or full collection along with its annotations and highlights. e.g. to a team. Wouldn't that be usefull in classroom, for team work, and researchers? (i.e. public that Diigo is good at answering their needs).

I need to transmit the majority of my Diigo bookmarks (over 1500 items) WITH their notes and highlights, to a team so it can start to work straight with those bookmarks.

Have been scratching my head the last 2 days on how to achieve this, without loosing all bookmarks' annotations and highlights in the process; found no light so far.

A simple way would be to 'give away' my account to the team, then it can changes the account names and password. Unfortnately that's one of the few features great Diigo's missing (you can change the printed name, but original name stay as it is in the profile url)

Another way would be to use the CSV file that we can export thanks to Diigo Tools, as it contains highlights and annotations. But Diigo imports HTML (firefox) and Del.icious backups only. And those do not include highlights neither annotations (formats limits), nor full notes into the bookrmark (100 characters limit)

Any help or simple thoughts? Thanks!

12 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Ciii EllCiii Ell shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Sandy_diigoSandy_diigo responded  · 

Currently we do not support share,merge and import with annotations,highlights.
You can change your first name,last name
ans username.Then give this account to the team.
FYI,http://www.diigo.com/profile/edit/basic

2 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base