I suggest you ...

Keep existing tags when resharing a document to a group

When I reshare a document to a group (adding highlights or sticky notes) I observed that all the previous tags of the documents are delated.
I think it will be better to only be able to add taggs when resharing an existing document in a group

18 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Florian ChampagneFlorian Champagne shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ted EpsteinTed Epstein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one of two issues that makes group bookmarking really fragile.

1. This issue: As the OP describes, if I blindly bookmark the page and share it with the group, when it has already been bookmarked by someone else, Diigo merges the bookmarks in the group, and merges the comments, but doesn't merge the tags! The only tags on that group bookmark are the ones applied by the most recent user; other tags are removed.

2. The issue described at http://goo.gl/iJweP : The Diigo extension in Chrome doesn't show the bookmark status (red ribbon adornment on the Diigo button icon) on web pages that were bookmarked by another group member.

In combination, these two issues mean that group bookmarking is very fragile. You really can't bookmark a page without checking the existing group bookmarks first, and that's really cumbersome.

• Jean HussonJean Husson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sounds good. Why not creating something more powerfull like synchronising tag and url
    groups => people
    people => groups

thanks for posting this

Feedback and Knowledge Base