I suggest you ...

add a feature to sort bookmarks/links alphabetically

I'm shocked and annoyed that I cannot sort my bookmarks alphabetically

85 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
ldylarke ldylarke shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • D VD V commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"But those of us converts to Diigo from Delicious (who so far refuses to re-introduce the feature) often re-title the link before saving for the express purpose of sane sorting."

Exactly! I always, always adjust the title of the bookmark before I save, but now all that hard work seems futile! So disappointed in both Delicious and Diigo for failing to accommodate this option.

• Ed BottumEd Bottum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have seen in the past it said by Diigo there is no plan to add sorting of bookmark titles - that its deemed futile given web pages' own titles.
    I add to ldylarke's comment regarding the link sort topic.
    First, the former delicious.com had that user friendly feature, but that aside, so do browsers Internet Explorer & Firefox offer link name/title sorting within the tag counterpart folder, and Chrome automatically sorts that way. Second, link / page titles obviously are not always named in a friendly way for friendly sorting, as Diigo pointed out in another post.
    But those of us converts to Diigo from Delicious (who so far refuses to re-introduce the feature) often re-title the link before saving for the express purpose of sane sorting.
    I strongly ask Diigo to reconsider permitting the sort of link titles.

• smdodtsmdodt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree!

Without this feature it is a pain to find duplicate bookmarks - irritating - please fix!!

• Terron VawterTerron Vawter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I admit that I used Delicious exclusively until AVOS took over and "improved" the website by removing the Alpha Sort feature. They say it's coming, but they've been saying that for 4+ months. So, I've been on a quest to find a social networking site where I can share bookmarks that will have the ability to do Alpha Sorts within a tag. So, apparently Diigo does not have this either, so I'm off to find another solution. If anyone finds another social bookmarking site, kindly refer it to me. Thanks!

• gimmlee evolvedgimmlee evolved commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Want this option more than anything else. So bad. If there is a way to do it I can not find it and I have LOOKED.

Feedback and Knowledge Base