I suggest you ...

Put ads on the side not throughout our bookmarks.

Putting ads throughout our bookmarks is an underhanded trick so we click on the ads.

15 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
B TB T shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
B TB T shared a merged idea: Ads amongst our Bookmarks? I'm returning to Delicious!  ·   · 

4 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Alex LazarAlex Lazar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mixing Google ads with my bookmarks using the same exact font styles makes it difficult (and annoying) to use the service for the intended purpose. If I find an ad interesting, I will follow that link. There is no need to try to trick me. I am not a fool. I will move my content elsewhere is this is not fixed.

• Gordon KGordon K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The google ads showing up in the middle of the bookmarks confuse the hell out of me. I guess that's the point trying to make people to click on those ads by accident to make money. This is really bad. I am going back to delicious!!!

• Mark StosbergMark Stosberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@sandy_diigo: Here are my bookmarks about bikes. Nearly only one bookmark is actually visible "above the fold", while there are 5 ads. I don't want to send a link to people to see "here my bike bookmarks to checkout", and have their first impression be a bunch of ads (which are formatted to look very similar to the bookmarks). Then, scrolling down through the bookmarks, after just about a screen, there's another block of Google Ads formatted to look like bookmarks. Sorry, if this is what my friends will see, I'd rather take my ~10,000 bookmarks to another service.

Feedback and Knowledge Base