I suggest you ...

Have Diigo sync with Chrome's bookmarks

The current list view of bookmarks looks hideous. Look at how organized and simple Chrome's default bookmarks are. Copy that. It's so much better. Better yet, have it take over chrome's default bookmarking service

98 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
thanhatosthanhatos shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • WW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an old thread, but still no syncing with Chrome's (any any other browser's) bookmarks? As D Mc mentioned my other tool, Xmarks does syncing very well but lacks annotation. If I could combine Xmarks and Diigo...

• Axel AigretAxel Aigret commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just use diigo, and i want replace all my favs on others browser and chrome first for sure.
    Maybe a tag "fav" can be add to put the link in the bar.

• DashmayDashmay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm dying to see Diigo sync with Chrome. Currently I am abstaining from using Diigo for all but those bookmarks I need to be able to annotate. A cleaner Diigo Library view would be a bonus, but my main desire is to have Diigo sync with Chrome's bookmarks. I would like to continue using the chrome bookmark interface for general use and then annotate and share via Diigo addon, knowing they are in sync. PLease PLEASE, implement this SOON, I AM DYING TO USE DIIGO FEATURES MORE!

• Blarg LargBlarg Larg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every diigo view* vs. any bookmark view anywhere else ever. Even the Library's "Simple" view is a huge, wasteful, hard to skim, fixed-width clunker. I think Diigo needs to survey its users about their usage. Yes yes, captures and highlights and social features and blah blah blah... but in the end Diigo is about bookmarks, and yet has no nice view that treats the library like what it is; like a bunch of bookmarks.

*other than the great Firefox extension's slick Quick Access Filters.

• Gustav DeliusGustav Delius commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with D Mc. The Firefox Diigo extension has the ability to sync the Diigo bookmarks with the Firefox bookmarks. So when I add a Diigo bookmark a Firefox bookmark is created at the same time. I would like to see exactly that functionality in the Chrome extension as well.

• D McD Mc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I personally would like to focus on the word "sync". I'd like to save a bookmark in Diigo, and it appear in my Chrome bookmarks, and vice versa.

Maybe this isn't necessary and was never the intent of Diigo to sync with a browser's bookmarks. But, I'd hate to see a divergence of my content within my browser and Diigo. Xmarks does the syncing that I speak of quite well, but doesn't have any of the nifty annotation features.

I'm not so concerned about "My Library" looking exactly the same as Chrome's layout. Just that the content is actually present.

• thanhatosthanhatos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Under where it says "My Lists", If you were to click on one of your custom lists, you would see all of your bookmarks under that list laid out. Notice the amount of noise, links, buttons, and white-space present. Compare this to how Chrome does bookmarks. There's a bookmarks bar that list all the folders you've made, and shows all the bookmarks you placed in a neat simple easy-to-use uncluttered fashion.

• Sandy_diigoSandy_diigo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Which list view are you talking about?
    Do you mean the list view in library,compared with chrome's bookmark manager?

Feedback and Knowledge Base