I suggest you ...

tag description

in delcious people's tags grow together among others by allowing tags to be described. I do not see the possibility to describe tags in Diigo. Hence the suggestion.

12 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Peter J. BuryPeter J. Bury shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  Sandy_diigoSandy_diigo responded  · 

Thanks for your suggestion. We will take into consideration.

3 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Alexey TarasevichAlexey Tarasevich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Motivation summary:
    + user clarifies a tag purpose for himself
    + user will better remember, which tag he needs to use
    + user will better remember, where to search an information he need
    + related information will be less scattered between similar tags
    + tag description can serve as knowledge accumulator for the subject of research

This feature is also present in stackoverflow.com

Though in diigo.com it might be even more valuable. Typically when a person "creates" a tag the meaning of the tag is quite vague. E.g. due to that I tend to create tags that most of time duplicate one another (e.g. goal and goal_setting). To avoid the duplication (an advanced) user might need to plan ahead when does he or she need the page to reread. He might put this intent in the tag description, e.g. goal="i will read the pages, when I need to plan my actions to improve my goal setting skill".

Currently I use notes as replacement for the tag description. The problem is that the notes tend to be hidden among the links. So I 1) =Use Special Titles= 2) Filter by "notes" to see the description immediately. So the proposed feature will make the process more explicit and convenient.

• Peter J. BuryPeter J. Bury commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

in #diigo we need #tag #description feature to explain others the tags used and start using the same.

Feedback and Knowledge Base