I suggest you ...

allow thumbnails in my bookmarks, similar to delicious.

I'm an extremely visual person and need thumbnails to tell my bookmarks apart. Delicious does this by adding the web icon. Please do the same. It would be an immense help!

70 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
oregonpeteoregonpete shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • PERCE - NEIGEPERCE - NEIGE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, but not "similar to delicious", much better I hope!
    I can't find a bookmarking service that is aesthetic, all are not very pretty. I'd like to find a bookmarking service with nice thumbnail, but not too small as the delicious' ones.

• CamilodiezrCamilodiezr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I had a hundred votes to give, I would give them to this post. This is a must! I don't see why Diigo hasn't at least put this under consideration. Being a visual person, having to Read through dozens of bookmarks becomes a drag after a while. A thumbnail would inmensely improve the user experience.

• Fuzbolero .Fuzbolero . commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be interesting to know if/how much such a feature may affect performance/response times..

• tdcm diigotdcm diigo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, me too. Pleazzzzzz. I save tons of photos from Flickr and Ipernity and a thumbnail helps to identify the photo in a milisecond.

• Design BunnyDesign Bunny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

me three!!! I can't believe this doesn't have more votes, I'm dumping all my votes on this option. Having a giant list of bookmarks and only seeing two cool colors on a white background is visually sterilizing. My ideal visual bookmarking environment would go like this:

1. You would have the choice of enabling thumbnails for all, none, or some of your bookmarks.
    2. You would be able to control the size of the thumbnail for your bookmarks.
    3. You would be able to choose what the thumbnail is - either the site's default favicon, or something you select on the page (I would want full control over this so I could choose any part/size/section of the page) or even an image you upload yourself from your computer or other url page.
    4. You would have the option to view your bookmarks in a grid of your thumbnails. (this along with folders/sub-folders would make my bookmarking dreams come true!)

I've signed up for a dozen or more bookmarking services trying to find one that does what I just listed. It's so obvious to me, PLEASE enable these options!!!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base