I suggest you ...

Allow "Private" as default bookmark setting

Please allow the user to select "Private" to be the default setting for bookmarks. I, like many who value privacy, have no interest in sharing my bookmarks. I consider this almost a deal breaker and suggests to me that Diigo doesn't understand or respect the notion of privacy as a first concern. Please allow the choice for default.

33 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Greg MaloneGreg Malone shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Chris RChris R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They have been slow to add this feature in many areas where it's been requested. This is certainly possible in their notes area, but they have never added it. I think Diigo wants your information to be crawled by Google to increase traffic. Too bad. They would have more users if they just gave them what they wanted.

• Librareanne @diigoLibrareanne @diigo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please can we have the option to change the default in the Diigolet. It was always public. Now it defaults to private. I understand people want to keep links private but why can't we have a choice to change the default rather than it be inflicted on us!!!!!

• Sandy_diigoAdminSandy_diigo (Admin, Diigo ) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you use chrome extension, you can right click on the diigo icon and select "private by default while bookmarking". There are also similar options in firefox and IE. Please go to toolbar >> options to make your default private as well. Choice is all yours :-)
    The next version of diigolet will support saving bookmark by default. Once you click diigolet,the bookmark is saved as private and also the classic annotation bar will pop up.
    @aXon J As for one-click solution, some options lie with client-side and others lie with server-side. There are potential possibilities to cause confusion to users.
    Can you submit a separate topic so that we can see how many users vote for your idea and evaluate the possibility.

• aXon JaXon J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I did as it is recommended to turn on "default private" via toolbar's options. However it still shows unchecked "private" checkbox in "Add" forms of bookmarklet and website's "My Library". Only toolbar's working. I'm not using toolbar.
    The option must resite in user's settings of website and be catched by all "add" forms. Otherwise the entire service is useless.

Feedback and Knowledge Base