I suggest you ...

Chrome extension should support image upload

24 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Max KaehnMax Kaehn shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  Sandy_diigoSandy_diigo responded  · 

A newly improved Diigo Chrome Ext is now available for alpha tryout http://bit.ly/Us0RoO
With the latest version 1.0.3, you can upload image simply by click the diigo icon which appears while you mousing over an image. You can also right click on the image and select “save image to diigo” from the pop up menu to upload it.

6 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Savannah WallSavannah Wall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm in College taking a Comp Lit class. Diigo is a required application for our course. I have a presentation due in week five (final week) of the course and it is not only a Power Point presentation I also have an essay to go along with it. I am uneasy about switching to Firefox since I am told it slows the computer way down, but I need to be able to upload an image ( to use for Power Point presentation) while doing research (highlighting and sticky notes) on "Cloud Computing" for the essay. This would make my life so much easier. I am a first time user, but plan to continue with Diigo in the future throughout my college experience. I can see this is something that everyone's asked for a long time ago, but just to let you all know it is still greatly needed!!!! Thanks for giving us a place to save and manage our information!!

• David GardenerDavid Gardener commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe it.. now that Chrome has some other extensions I needed I finally I made the transition to this faster, smoother browser from firefox. I was disappointed to see there were no keyboard shortcuts for the diigo extension, but it was a deal breaker to find out there is NO ABILITY TO UPLOAD IMAGES!

As an artist and designer, this is one of the main reasons I use diigo, to collect inspiring images from around the web, and then compile them together in Diigo.

I love the ability to use custom searches for diigo in the omnibar, but PLEASE PLEASE bring the ability to save images. I have a feeling though that it is something to do with restrictions of the Chrome API, and may never happen!

• Max KaehnMax Kaehn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Right now, if I want to upload an image to my collection in Diigo, I have to save it to the hard drive and then upload it separately. I'd like to be able to use the Chrome extension to save the image to Diigo (so it can't vanish if the web site goes away), along with a hyperlink to the page where I got the image. This should be an option on the right-click menu ("Upload to Diigo").

Feedback and Knowledge Base