I suggest you ...

Please make Diigo highlighter compatible with pdf files viewed online

As more and more people move to the cloud to do work, and store their data, it would be incredibly useful if we could highlight pdf documents we read online.

Thank you :)

340 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
vcxosimvcxosim shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
started  ·  Sandy_diigoSandy_diigo responded  · 

Our goal is “collect everything,access anywhere”.We wanna make diigo tools super easy to use even for a totally new user.We will support the uploading of PDF&PPT and making annotations on online PDF&uploaded PDF.Along with that,we will develop a diigo desktop client.It will support making annotations on PDF.After these tasks finished,you can annotate PDF online and locally via client. You can also see these annotations on your mobile phone.

11 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • wave yewave ye commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Awesome feature, I am a Ph.D in life science, with this feature, I can use diigo to manage all my research articles and make cloud-annotation for PDF&PPTs. Thanks a lot.

• margarets007margarets007 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES Yes Yes, please make this possible! This would make my academic life sooo much easier! Im getting a chromebook so all my research and organization has to be done in the chrome browser. I will happily become a premium user once this and mla/apa references/citations are implemented!

• JeankaplanskyJeankaplansky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How long do we have to wait??? I would so like to get it down to at most 2 tools instead of my current pile.

• anon anonanon anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

most of my college research is on pdf files read through its own research databases you would make my life a whole lot easier if you make it work on online pdf!

• R CabezasR Cabezas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Chris thanks for the heads up! I'm checking it out now...many teachers are hesitant to use any tool let alone have to use several to get some collaboration going that doesn't have to be face to face all the time!

• Chris PeltzChris Peltz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use Diigo for web annotation and Webnotes for PDF annotation. It would be great if Diigo could include PDF support so I could do everything in one tool.

• mrjoachimmrjoachim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, the joy of Diigo is the fact that research is being hosted on a remote server...accessible from any online computer. The ability to highlight text on PDF files would greatly increase the effectiveness of Diigo!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base