I suggest you ...

Allow users to edit the URL of a bookmark (we shouldn't have to recreate from scratch if url changes

I've seen enough sites get archived and articles moved. Rather than have to delete a bookmark & then re-create it allfrom scratch again, can we be allowed to edit the URL? (Delicious allows this and it's been very useful in the past)

77 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Neil WebbNeil Webb shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • tomphelantomphelan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is pretty much a duplicate of another item named: allow editing of bookmarked urls

• tomphelantomphelan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I read technical books online and sometimes sites change the query string parameters for some trivial UI reason, but then this breaks my highlighting making my highlights useless to me. If I could edit the URL of my Diigo highlights this would fix my problem but alas! this is not possible. The only solution is to open the page with the new trivially changed query string parameter and re-do my highlights. Needless to say this is too tedious to be worth the effort.

• Maggie Wolfe RileyMaggie Wolfe Riley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great - it seems to me that you used to be able to do this in a previous version. Here's why I need it right now - I bookmarked a multi-page article and started highlighting and commenting, but to continue on page two, I'd have to bookmark each page to keep commenting. There is a single page version, and I'd like to change the URL of the bookmark to the single page version so I don't lose all the highlights and comments I just made on page one, and so I can have all comments on the article in one bookmark. But URLs also change and it would be great to be able to update important bookmarks, too.

• Bibliothèque l'ITHQBibliothèque l'ITHQ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That is a big problem with Diigo. I've found many links that are not redirecting to the right article in my bookmarks recently, and since I write very precise descriptions of my links (for student's use), not being able to modify the URL is a big waste of time.

• Sean BradySean Brady commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know that this is a huge technology challenge, especially with caching and annotations, but I would love to see it as well.

Feedback and Knowledge Base