I suggest you ...

please allow bookmarks to be imported via RSS feeds.

I follow a number of people's bookmark RSS feeds on delicious, mainly for recipes and whatnot. It would be great if I could import other users bookmarks into my own collection via their RSS feeds. Essentially I would like to take the best of what like on delicious and move to my my account in diigo.

If there is already an easier way to do this please advise.

Thank you.

45 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Ben SparksBen Sparks shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jess WBJess WB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you insert this feature you can make my life really easier (and put me in the "Tech Heaven")
    I read a lot of things with my Google Reader, but I use client like Feeddler on iPhone & iPad. I don't understand why the other service like readability, read it later, delicious and instapaper are easier to use with rss client than Diigo.
    You have the possibility to make the better service in the world if you put this feature in the different RSS reader for mobile device.
    The future will be mobile, and we need this kind of facilities. Using Diigo Browser is interessant to make research on the web, but export an URL from a reader to save it makes me mad when I see this in my reader :
    "share to : facebook, twitter, delicious, evernote, instapaper, read it later, open in safari..." and I never see share to Diigo.
    I spend about 5 or 10 minutes to do the same when I have to switch to safari, copy the link, open Diigo Browser, wait for initialising the app, save the page, go to my profile, share with groups (because it's impossible from the page I saved...) and finally return to my RSS Reader...
    So pleeeeeeeeeeease make this possible, because I really want to continue using your service and it will be wonderful to have this with me everywhere with my mobile.
    Thank you.

• jesse fryejesse frye commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand why you can't do this using google reader? there are also a bunch of native apps that support rss as well. You can subscribe to RSS feeds which include blogs, public diigo bookmarks, and any other rss feed you can think of.

Using an RSS reader is also faster than coming to diigo.com to find a bookmark. The only downside is you can't view your private bookmarks.

• Sean BradySean Brady commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Importing of RSS feeds would be very awesome. Would make it easy to automatically add things from Google Reader, Stumbleupon and other places.

Feedback and Knowledge Base