I suggest you ...

Make an option to disable rollover image border. It's annoying.

It's nice that I can save an image to diigo, but as a designer I do not want to see a 1px border on rollover around images. It's insanely annoying. I've turned off my Diigo as a result. Friends say same thing. Please, at least make an option to turn it off. I know I can right-click to save it. That's plenty intuitive enough. Remember, enhance the experience with new tools, don't obstruct it with them, which is what you are doing here in this case.

22 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Christian SparrowChristian Sparrow shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Sandy_diigoSandy_diigo responded  · 

The 1px border can indicate how large the image
is. Can you please tell us better ways to indicate
the size of image?

11 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Björn KvammeBjörn Kvamme commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@gassho , as I wrote before they have put in an option for disabling:

Options | Miscellaneous | Detect Media

• gasshogassho commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is BEYOND annoying!!! Why, WHY can't it be a user preference to be enable or disabled from options? You SERIOUSLY need to address this!

• Christian SparrowChristian Sparrow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You are correct. The 1px border can indicate how large the image is. That's why it's so annoying.
    Give the user the option of turning it off please. It drives most of us nuts—we don't like it. Generally, we are well aware of how big the image is we are saving without Diigo's 1px border discoing across the screen. It's worse than the old Microsoft Paper clip "helper" -which was no help at all.

• David ReesDavid Rees commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks Bjorn, the "Options | Miscellaneous | Detect Media" is exactly what I wanted. I have it turned off and maybe now I can leave Diigo installed :).

I take it back, still doing it on yelp for sure. And they haven't updated the plugin at all in a very, very long time. Uninstalling, again.....

At least, it doesn't seem to be doing it on google maps anymore (I assume google changed something), but its still very annoying everywhere else...

• Djiezes KraaijstDjiezes Kraaijst commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Count me in. All we need is a checkbox in the options menu to disable this image-rollover thing. It breaks a lot of things when surfing online, it's annoying. And especially now because there's a limit how many images you can store. It's a useless "feature" for many of us.
    It can't be that difficult, can it?

I wanted to highlight some stuff and remembered Diigo and went ahead and enabled it again. The next day I was on Google Maps and remembered by I disabled it. Apparently this simple fix has been done yet, so I am uninstalling it again...

Actually, I am joining Christian and uninstalling until this is fixed. It's driving me crazy.

Yes, and on Google Maps its even crazier, highlighting just the tile you are over. As a rule, anything you do that changes the experience or web page should have a preference to turn if off, otherwise we do like Christian did and turn off the whole toolbar.

Feedback and Knowledge Base