I suggest you ...

Make students profiles private so only teachers and other group members can view them.

I avoid using Diigo for students (in primary school) as when I create a profile for them from the teacher tools, it becomes a publicly viewable profile and it is far too easy for students to create a publicly traceable information trail. I think student's profiles should be private (viewable only by Teacher and fellow group members) and also be locked into groups that the teacher has selected. I understand this goes against the idea of Diigo being a community, but it's necessary to put young students safety and protection first.

11 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Alex PriceAlex Price shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • vgabowvgabow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do you keep students from posting and sharing inappropriate things on their diigo accounts? I'd like to use Diigo with my students, but my district is balking at the idea because students would be able to post to each other's walls and share websites with one another that may not be appropriate. Yes we have a filter here at school, BUT if students access their accounts at home they could potentially bookmark an inappropriate site and share it with classmates.

• Steve WellerSteve Weller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been told that diigo is a proixy server when I requested to have it unblocked. Does that have something to do with how diigo opens up a frame around the linked pages?
    Are you running across any of these issues?

Feedback and Knowledge Base