I suggest you ...

Increase toolbar bookmark limit and sorting options

Right now I'm using the Firefox toolbar extension and no matter what I do it will only display a maximum of 20 bookmarks in a folder on the toolbar or in the sidebar extension. Please increase this number! I can understand limiting the toolbar display, though I don't like it. If anything, allow the sidebar to show ALL bookmarks, not just the first 20 it comes upon.

I'd also like to see sorting methods to apply to the smart folders: Alphabetical, Newest First, Most Visited. The latter is absolutely necessary for me, especially with such a limited number displaying.

The point of the toolbars and extensions is to prevent the need of going to the main website to access my bookmarks. Right now it's failing miserably.

68 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Lethann AedaLethann Aeda shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ivan TishchenkoIvan Tishchenko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Question to developers: is there some performance impact if you allow the toolbar to show more than 20 items in total? I mean, will it slow down my browser, or eat more bandwidth? What was the background for this limitation? Please let us, users, know. If there was a good reason for not allowing me to "page thru" the entire result set in the toolbar, and force me to go to the cite, then OK, I will give my votes to some other idea...

• Frank BeckerFrank Becker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been using Diigo for over a year and this is the one issue that brought me here looking for answers. I couldn't figure why some of my bookmarks were missing in the toolbar view. PLEASE make it possible to view ALL tagged bookmarks in the toolbar view.

• Shannon HortonShannon Horton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, please change this. I much prefer Diigo to Delicious but this is the one issue seriously hampering the experience.

• Joseph KnightJoseph Knight commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I whole-heartedly agree. Please Diigo team. Please. The toolbar needs sorting methods and no limit to dropdown list results. They can scroll if the get too close to the bottom of the screen.

• Peter St AngeloPeter St Angelo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes I agree, -please extend this in both the toolbar and sidebar !!! -Could you also add the ability show the favicons/webicon for each of the sites in the lists also.

• Jose ArevaloJose Arevalo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm completely agree with that request. I've come from Delicious and I'm feeling frustrated because of the lack of those features =(

• unsettled inkunsettled ink commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

...ok, seriously? Just switched over from Delicious because I'm sick of fighting with their extension, and diigo doesn't show all? Arrg. Figures. Yes, this should REALLY be fixed.

• Mike PawlowskiMike Pawlowski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must fix for former Delicious users (for both the smart folders and Diigo sidebar) IMO
    This is also an issue with the iPhone app.
    The sidebar should have pagination at the very least.
    There should be no limit similar to Delicious.

Feedback and Knowledge Base