I suggest you ...

More tag editing options

Would really appreciate the ability to do mass editing of tags, it's easy enough to add new tags, and replace all tags with new ones but no easy way to remove tags.

May I suggest you add a new feature under 'Revise Tags' to do a search and replace / remove, but instead of searching you list all tags and allow the user to CTRL + Click the relevant tags, then either remove or replace (with either a single tag or multiple)

Great service btw :)

154 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Yusuf Tran Yusuf Tran shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • SrlinksSrlinks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must-have feature. Large Bookmark libraries become unwieldy and hard to mange without the ability to rename and merge tags easily.

• Stupor-mundiStupor-mundi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe this feature is crucial. I'm considering switching from delicious but this may be a showstopper. I hold back on creating new tags, to keep my tag count low, so when I do create the new tag I already have a lot of bookmarks that need to be batch tagged. Can't believe this feature isn't available.

• pj hookerpj hooker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1) I find all items I have with tags "project" and "management"
    2) mark them with "projectmanagement" manually!

3) how I can mark all this item with one click?

• Lee T.Q.Lee T.Q. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ivan Tishchenko makes a very good use case example: "For example, find all items I have with tags "project" and "management" and mark them with "projectmanagement" tag. "

• A LA L commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes, mass editing was something I used in delicious often (before it was taken away). please introduce a function for bulk editing of tags.

• Ivan TishchenkoIvan Tishchenko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I often find myself wanting to do another "massive editing" operation. For example, find all items I have with tags "project" and "management" and mark them with "projectmanagement" tag. I'm really missing this option. Up-voting the feature request.

Feedback and Knowledge Base