I suggest you ...

Make Diigo Sidebar Delicious

Make the Diigo Sidebar 2 -tiered so that I can browse my Tags in a top window and see the links for a tag in the bottom window and acces a link directly from there . . . just like in delicious.

423 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Terri LeinTerri Lein shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Asraf KhanAsraf Khan shared a merged idea: improve firefox sidebar  ·   · 

27 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • mouzlo indiamouzlo india commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i think, diigo group is create a extra link with tag ..... i check our webmaster tool , i have loot of url publish in diigo profile . but show only group tag in webmaster .

if you not believe, you can do your self . Are you sure diigo give good traffic of your website .

www.mouzlo.com

• Mark PompianMark Pompian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Two Scrolling sidebars please, with no display limit! (And remove the alternate tag-page as default condition for "view all"). The functionality at this point is reduced to the "demonstration" level
    once a functional database begins to take form.

• Ivan TishchenkoIvan Tishchenko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Count me on this one; three different searches is too much for me. The one which searches everywhere would be easier. And compacting found entries to one line instead of multiline would allow to show found links _and_ tag matches in the same view.

• Ty LaStrapesTy LaStrapes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree that the Tags/Lists/Search should be removed. Instead search everything & group the results for us by Tag/Lists/URL/Comments/

• WK TioWK Tio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with all comments in this thread. On top of that, please make the search text box in focus immediately when Diigo sidebar short key is pressed. This will save a mouse click.

The search should not be limited to searching Tags/Lists/Search at one time, instead should search everything or perhaps takes in prefix such as "tags:gadgets" as a search string. Is this a premium user feature?

After typing in search text box, tabbing away should allow us to arrow key navigate the list of search results, and enter to select the the chosen bookmark.

Above are what delicious bookmarks sidebar is capable of doing. Everything in Diigo is great apart from the lacking features of it's side bar.

• Joris VanledeJoris Vanlede commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Diigo Firefix addon (especially the sidebar) is the main drawback Diigo currently has. I manage my delicious bookmarks through the sidebar; I almost never visit my own delicious page. The delicious sidebar shows tags and bookmarks, has a very easy but well-working search option, I can edit bookmarks by right-clicking, and I can see my notes via mouseover. The Diigo sidebar is just not useful in comparison. (tnx oxy mora for putting it so well)

• J MJ M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to have the option to structure the sidebar as it was structured in Delicious. Diigo, I'm learning, has wonderful features that Delicious never approached, but the Delicious sidebar was great in terms of simplicity, functionality, and efficiency. Please consider this. Thank you.

• Angelo AriochAngelo Arioch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm just migrating from delicious to diigo and, as I've never used the delicious home page to manage my bookmarks, I was shocked when i find out that with the diigo sidebar you can't browse tags and edit your bookmarks with a right click.
    also that limit of 20 really needs to be removed...

please just copy the delicious sidebar!

• Chris PeachChris Peach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just switched from Firefox 3.6 to Firefox 4.0, and since there does not seem to be a Delicious Add-on for the new Firefox, I also used this opportunity for migrating from Delicious to Diigo.

So far, I am very pleased with Diigo except for one thing: When I bring up the Diigo Sidebar, its search field should have keyboard focus so I can type away immediately. The way it is now, I have to grab the mouse and click into the search field before I can enter any search terms.

• Mike PawlowskiMike Pawlowski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The limit of 20 items is a real killer.
    It should be unlimited like Delicious.
    Also an issue in the iPhone app and smart folders.
    Another big missing feature is associated icons with the bookmark entries. Very difficult to quickly locate the right bookmark in a long list without them

• Amy V.Amy V. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lists are truncated in the sidebar and if you use a filter in the tool bar. :(

• d id i commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Often, the bookmark title alone is not enough to be able to identify the bookmark that I'm searching for. We really need to be able to access the bookmark descriptions from the sidebar. This could be done by hovering over the bookmark title to view the description, or by having a separate window in the sidebar that shows details of a particular bookmark (tags, description) when it is selected.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base