I suggest you ...

Private sticky notes are visible to everyone?

When I produce a private sticky note from the firefox toolbar, everyone can still see it.

Is this expected behaviour? I realize the bookmark is public, but shouldn't I be able to create private notes about that page for myself?

14 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
adam coulombeadam coulombe shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
declined  ·  Sandy_diigoSandy_diigo responded  · 

Since we receive complaints about the abuse/disturbance of public sticky notes to users.
We limited access to that feature. Only premium users and educators can public sticky notes. You can share sticky notes to group as long as you are a group member.

3 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mr MaherMr Maher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ok Sandy, I understand. But although my Sticky Notes are marked as "private" - they are not private. I want to share my bookmarks with a group, but do not want them to see my comments on the bookmarked page.

• D.J D.D.J D. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To be more clear, since Adam is requesting sticky note privacy, I'm suggesting the solution to the problem is to make the whole bookmark *itself* private. Therefore all metadata tied to the bookmark is also hidden from the public.

• D.J D.D.J D. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that the granularity for privacy needs to be propagated down to the bookmark level.

Feedback and Knowledge Base