I suggest you ...

Android App: enable searching for tags

215 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Roger ByeRoger Bye shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Peter Valdemar MørchPeter Valdemar Mørch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On December 20, 2010, Sandy_diigo commented:

> We will roll out this feature in the upcoming version.
    > Besides,we will support autocomplete in search box by default.
    > That means suggested tags show up in the drop down menu as users type several characters > in the search box. In this case, it is convenient for users to find out the specific tag
    > without actually typing it in completely .

In the previous Android App, that was a nice-to-have. Now that tags aren't comma separated as in >>>multi word tag1, multi word tag2<<< but now have to the enclosed in "" as in >>>"multi word tag1" "multi word tag2"<< this has become a usability nightmare.

On my Danish swype keyboard, typing >>>Big Brother<<< is easy, two swipes. But entering a " is 4 key strokes. So entering >>>"Big Brother"<<< (with quotes) is now two swipes + *8 keys*!

Please, if you're going to insist on the "quoting tags with spaces", at least give us tag completion. And in fact, tab completion is even more important usability-wise on mobile phones than on the desktop.

Tweeted about this too: https://twitter.com/pvmorch/status/423037023989940224

• CaelenathCaelenath commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I found my way here from this request to enable tag cloud access: http://feedback.diigo.com/forums/76211-ideas/suggestions/1305721-access-tag-cloud-from-android-app

It would be great to have both autocomplete in the search box as well as access to my current tag cloud when adding a new bookmark. I can only make so-so use of Diigo in Android because I either don't bother with tags or accidentally create a bunch of new but similar ones, both of which defeat the whole purpose of tagging.

• Laurent ♪Laurent ♪ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What about the new android application because the diigo application is a little bit outdated !

• Mark -Mark - commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just installed this and was completely lots.
    On web diigo and FF addon all I do is use tags, tags, tags.
    In Android there are Lists?? What is that. I dont use em.
    Now I can't find my bookmarks, and I have 1000s. Come on.

• Andrew WhatshisnameAndrew Whatshisname commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great! :) I hope you don’t forget to give as ability to filter on 2 or more tags — it’s kinda THE very reason to choose tags instead of folders.

• William MorrellWilliam Morrell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like to be able to view/filter my library by tags. This will allow me to use diigo as my main bookmarking tool both on my phone and my computers.

• Sandy_diigoSandy_diigo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We will roll out this feature in the upcoming version.
    Besides,we will support autocomplete in search box by default.
    That means suggested tags show up in the drop down menu as users type several characters in the search box. In this case, it is convenient for users to find out the specific tag without actually typing it in completely .

Feedback and Knowledge Base