I suggest you ...

Tag drill-down (offering proper tags to narrow the search)

On Delicious I loved their tag tree, where I could "expand" the entered tag to see which tags can I use to narrow the search. So even when I did not remember how exactly I tagged the item, I could enter some generic tag and see which other tags I used to distinguish it.

Would be nice to have sth similar on Diigo.

It would suffice if - after I entered the first tag in the filter - Diigo offered list or cloud of related tags (those tags which are present on some pages bookmarked with the first tag).

24 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Marcin KasperskiMarcin Kasperski shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Falst enFalst en commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

as yusuf said below, is now avalable by utilising 'related tags'. strange though, that although you can include and 'take away from search' said tags, you cannot 'exclude' as in specifically 'don't search for' a tag.

another thing is, when doing a simple search with operator, you can't use operators first. ie. searching for non google search pages about notes:
    -google notes

--returns 0 results. have to be in form:
    notes -google

final strange thing noticed: if your search term was 'not' and your articles can match (usually)
    nothing, knotting, notham, pennot, etc
    --but if you don't have anything with exactly 'not' in bookmarks--it doesn't search. ie Have to search with full words each time.
    suggestion: wildcard support and or, simple include either of 'did you mean' links or enable to match 'not full words'. if that makes sense.

• An88ziAn88zi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i like the idea of TREE categorisation, but it should be for CATEGORIES, not for TAGS, as they are just plain 'keywords'

• Yusuf Tran Yusuf Tran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is now implemented with 'Related tags', you can add / remove to help filter the results

Feedback and Knowledge Base