I suggest you ...

Show the status of an imported set of bookmarks

I'm currently importing a very large set of bookmarks (15k+ bookmarks), and the current landing page is moderately helpful at best. Here's what it says right now:

Task is being processed. You will receive notification by email when it is done.
Importing may take some time to complete, depending on how many bookmarks you have and how many other people are trying to import at the same time.
Your tag cloud may require more processing and will be available later.

What I would like to see is a status bar to show how many people are ahead of me and an estimate for how long it'll take. That way I and others will know when to start getting nervous that things aren't going as expected. For users who are importing very large batches of bookmarks, this is especially important because the option to import them manually (as one of my friends is doing) after seeing that they aren't showing up is impractical. And of course, it's unknown (for me) what would happen if one imported the same set of bookmarks twice.

Keep up the good work! I like what I see here so far, and I'll definitely be a Diigo power user.

72 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Sushi MustWriteSushi MustWrite shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Alexander van der SarAlexander van der Sar shared a merged idea: Mention what 'a while' is when importing delicious bookmarks. An hour, day, week??  ·   · 

23 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • frykittyfrykitty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm hoping I don't end up with everything in there twice, but after 12 hours, I did try again. Still nothing the next day, and I'm importing from a file, not a service. I'm beginning to wonder if import is completely broken, and not just swamped with the Delicious migration?

• rikrasmussenrikrasmussen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They should send an email immediately, just to verify your import did get put inline. Having same issue.

• Sean SmithSean Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

same question here - I only have 1000 bookmarks but it's been 6 hours since I started the upload and no idea if it failed or is in process or what.

← Previous 1 2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base