I suggest you ...

move / migrate list entries to a group

It should be possible to move list entries to a group or even better to translate a list to a group

70 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Martin MenzelMartin Menzel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Lee T.Q.Lee T.Q. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IMO, it is _very_ strange that such an obvious function is still missing in Diigo.

• MarkfellingMarkfelling commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just tried out the service and added all of my bookmarks, only to find I cannot move groups of bookmarks with the same tag into a Group or a List. Very disappointed

• Mark VickersMark Vickers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks, Sandy_diigo (Admin, Diigo ) - I've just used your idea for the first time, and that's certainly a lot simpler than adding each individual bookmark to a Group - but, I imagine that the people I have shared the List with cannot add to the List, or add comments to it in the way that they can in normal Group entries.

Can you confirm/deny that that is the case, and if it is, can anyone think of a workaround?

Cheers,

Mark

• Karen BellnierKaren Bellnier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And in reverse, I curate a group and would like to generate lists to share both with the group and in a public setting (something more detailed and attractive than the Linkroll).

• Jörn WeberJörn Weber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any news on that topic?
    I need to share my bookmarks in the lists that I created to my group. The user should be seeing what was created and no recreate the lists.

• Gregory LouieGregory Louie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes. I would love to simply check a box next to a bookmark in personal list to either copy or move the bookmark to another list, either to a personal or a group list and visa versa. Together with a sections feature to organize group lists, these two features would transform Diigo's social networking service from good to Great!

• Robert VernonRobert Vernon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also find this very annoying that I can't share my list of bookmarks/tags with a group I created. Why can't I export everything marked with certain tags to a group?

• G HaldG Hald commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't inderstand what it's not possible... When i open one of my list, we should could share all bookmark or all selected bookmark with a group that we haved suscribe... : [more action...] > [send to a group] ... not complicated, isn't it ? I'm suprise that no more users vote for this feature...

• Eldad Sotnick-YogevEldad Sotnick-Yogev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree - for our work we set up a group account to share things but finding it frustrating as the group's lists are all different. For example, i set up 16 categories so when using the bookmark button in the toolbar items can quickly be placed into a list. How come I can't share that list so everyone in the group has the same 16 options?

• jelmereversjelmerevers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find Diigo sorely lacking in its 'social' aspect. There is no way to move/share a list to a group? I'm researching a bookmarking/annotating tool for my school and this is a dealbreaker for me. Maybe evernote will be more suitable to our needs.

Feedback and Knowledge Base