I suggest you ...

Allow sharing with more than one group at a time.

I am a member of several similar groups. When I find a site that could be helpful for more than one, I have to bookmark it multiple times in order to share it with each group.

407 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Allison HaeusslerAllison Haeussler shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Rob ReynoldsRob Reynolds shared a merged idea: share with more than one group when bookmarking  ·   · 

29 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dave LashDave Lash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is critical. Each project team should have a Diigo group for sharing. Many of the articles and resources I want to share are pertinent to multiple teams. Make this a premium feature for heavens sakes, but if you really want to make Diigo a collaborative tool, add this feature!!!

• Wendi CyfordWendi Cyford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree whole-heartedly. I belong to many groups in my school district and it would be great if I could share with multiple groups at once.

• Ezqimo .Ezqimo . commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be useful if the bookmarking window could list the latest/most used groups, or actually a configurable static list of groups so we could simply place tick marks beside them, and then use the drop-down for less used ones.

• Trinsec TruaTrinsec Trua commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to add to add the groups as keywords in the bookmark window, not as a dropdown list. That certainly is faster and that way you can add multiple easily. Compare it to the Delicious plugin, you can just tab around and type the (starting letters of the) keyword (or group) quickly. It's a lot faster than having to use dropdown menus.

• Tim WoolfsonTim Woolfson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can certainly remember an occasion when this would have been useful.
    However, so far, I have been able to get around it by inviting members to groups or by considering the structure of the groups we use, what they are for and who are the members.
    Allison I haven´t used the lists feature much but having just started to test it - I have to agree that it looks like it also could benefit from the ability for bookmarks to be added to multiple lists simultaneously.
    Meanwhile though tagging allows multiple categorization. e.g. by tagging a bookmark "someclass" and "project" you might be able to achieve what you need with the existing functionality.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Tim Woolfson
    www.profitablewebprojects.com

Feedback and votes on my suggestions welcome!
    http://feedback.diigo.com/forums/76211-ideas/suggestions/1262575-in-a-group-to-which-i-am-subscribed-mail-me-just?ref=title

• Allison HaeusslerAllison Haeussler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It might also be good to allow a site to be save to multiple lists. For example: I find a site that's good for a class I'm taking, so I add it to that list. I also plan to use it on my project, so I would want to add it to a second list.

← Previous 1 2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base