I suggest you ...

Allow sharing with more than one group at a time.

I am a member of several similar groups. When I find a site that could be helpful for more than one, I have to bookmark it multiple times in order to share it with each group.

412 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Allison HaeusslerAllison Haeussler shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Rob ReynoldsRob Reynolds shared a merged idea: share with more than one group when bookmarking  ·   · 

29 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Lloyd MerriamLloyd Merriam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When saving a new item I can assign it to MULTIPLE lists on my Android phone (using the provided checkboxes), but can only select ONE list in the web/Chrome interface? Seems like it an easy update and would be very much appreciated. Having to re-save a record multiple times (once per list assignment) is truly annoying and wasteful.

• Christine LampeChristine Lampe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perhaps some of these issues could be addressed by allowing some sort of 'bundling' of groups. I am a teacher and a developer, so I find myself wanting to share items with three or four different class groups, or two different projects.

In the case of the students, the tags are always the same; in the case of the projects, sometimes they are not, resulting in some irrelevant tagging if I share with more than one group.

Of course, bundling could lead to more cross-posting, and would have to be restricted to a few groups to prevent spam abuse.
    '
    Another possibility might be to allow groups to 'follow' one another. That could work for teachers, who could set up one master group and set the class groups to follow it.

• Damon ReganDamon Regan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to say "move" or "copy" for a link or topic in one group to move or copy it to another group.

• Dave LashDave Lash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sandy__diigo, it's nice to have someone address this 18-month request. Thanks! Speaking as a user who does not use the annotation or sticky note functions, I would be thrilled with the simple ability to 1) assign a resource to multiple groups and 2) send an identical or separate message (at my discretion) via email to point group members to its existence. I do not share your spam concern; the truth is, because Diigo doesn't support multiple groups, I still send the url to multiple groups through my email client. Sadly, because of the lack of multi-group support, I no longer promote Diigo as a tool for my project groups, so they don't get to benefit from all the archiving and tagging that is so great about Diigo. Final comment: I remember Diigo expanded its product mission to include Collaboration. In the real world, collaboration is almost never within a single group; most projects have multiple groups working on them. I suggest you look seriously at how Diigo users are collaborating and how Diigo is or is not supporting their work.

• Sandy_diigoAdminSandy_diigo (Admin, Diigo ) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Although it seems like a small feature, it gets involved with quite complicated logic. For example,
    if we allow you to share bookmarks to multiple groups, how about these annotations and stick notes? How to display these comments from different groups to one thread? If you want to share your annotations to just one group and the left groups without annotations? It also encourages spam as well.

• Emma D-WEmma D-W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd not thought of Hans' problem; that of spamming; The reason I want it is because I have several groups of students, often the same URL is useful for students on different courses.

In order to try to meet both needs, perhaps Group owners could be allowed to share to all their owned groups. In my case, students are unlikely to be members of more than one of my groups, as they're all different years.

A further extension of that, were it to work well, could then be for group owners to decide if their groups would allow members to submit to more than one group at the same time.

I see now that on the website, once you've bookmarked from the bookmarklet, you can add it to another group & add a group only comment - which I don't remember seeing before.

• Hans De KeulenaerHans De Keulenaer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry to disagree, but this would be undesirable. As a group moderator, I'd prefer bookmark submissions to be considered, selective and preferrably unique. Better one good submission than 10 submissions that appear in 10 other groups.

Parallel submission to multiple groups is likely to encourage spam users as well.

• Brainy SmurfBrainy Smurf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New to Diigo and finding it REALLY annoying that I can't share with multiple groups easily. Please fix this. Thank you!

• D'Andrea TurnerD'Andrea Turner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this would be a great feature for multiple interest. I cant understand why this is not a reality.

• Rob ReynoldsRob Reynolds commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES...from the bookmark toolbar gadget you need to be able to select multiple groups and lists to add to at one time. This seem like a simple request. Please "Get'r done" Thanks

• Tracey KrachtTracey Kracht commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Working with a group of teachers and they want to be able to post a site to more than one class at a time. This would save valuable time! Please add this feature!

• Fuzbolero .Fuzbolero . commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really looking forward to this feature coming in place. Wasting too much time without it. Removing some of my votes to use elsewhere now that this one is gaining some momentum. Oh, why couldnt we have 150 points to start with... :-/

• jpod40jpod40 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A must feature - I have 6 groups and often come across items of interest to more than one group.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base