I suggest you ...

Auto-tagging

I find it painfully time consuming to tag my annotations whether from the toolbar or the website. It would help if a dialog box would pop up every time I highlight something, letting me tag it. I realize that this would bug some people so you could create a settings option to turn it off, or make it 'once per webpage' instead of every time. It's more efficient than having to go and tag things after the fact like I'm doing today with almost a hundred highlighted pages that I never tagged.

154 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Rachel BartonRachel Barton shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • davido Tdavido T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Flagging pages as "automatically tagged" would be important to me, since those tags would be less "dependable"--not necessarily what I would have tagged them myself.

• Liz PantonLiz Panton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just started to use Diigo to organise some references and thought I was missing something by having to go to the web to tag individual highlights.

Until this feature is implemented I will have to use a different tool - the current method is far too time-consuming to be usable.

Looking forward to this feature being introduced - 3 votes added :-)

• D TD T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@prof.dr. stupid:

There's a system utilizing Zemanta and it is: http://www.faviki.com <Faviki - Social bookmarking tool using smart semantic Wikipedia (DBpedia) tags>

I think it's a great idea to use Wikipedia titles as tag suggestions and Diigo should think over that.

• FRANCISCO PEREIRAFRANCISCO PEREIRA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, in fact, yesterday I found a very usefull tool that is similar to the bar that I had on Delicious toolbar. I am using Diigo "Add a Quick Access Filter". Although I still think that this tool should be improved, to look more like the bar I had on Delicious, it is helping me a lot.

• FRANCISCO PEREIRAFRANCISCO PEREIRA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, I was addicted to use DELICIOUS. Now that they are not providing the tool for Firefox 4, I moved into DIIGO. I like DIIGO most, but I also think that it is too difficult to put not only tags, but also to tell my DIIGO that I want to add some links int o my DIIGO lists. It should be easier to do that. Also, what I think it was a great tool inside DELICIOUS was the TAGS toolbar, which allowed me to have a horizontal bar, in the top of the screen, allowing me to have my most used tags (or tag lists) right for direct use, no matter what is being shown in the firefox screen. Think about it! Best regards, Francisco (from Brazil)

• Sandy_diigoSandy_diigo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually we are evaluating the possibility to add tags especially for highlights.
    We put a premium on aesthetics without sacrificing usability.
    Currently three different kinds of user interfaces are in our mind, one is
    to add tags in the pop up window,one is in online library and another
    is to edit/create tags in the clipping board or scrapbook? How do you
    think a clipping board to show all the highlights together?
    As for the 'once per webpage' bookmark dialog to add tags you
    mentioned above, I do not think it a more convenient way compared
    with the existing bookmark dialog. Do you have any better ideas?

Feedback and Knowledge Base