I suggest you ...

Cached pages: Include highlights and sticky notes

Hi

Whenever I work with Diigo, highlighting stuff and creating sticky notes (I mainly do that when reading only books to educate myself), I am worried that the URL of the website might eventually change and all my work would be lost. A collection of notes without the according text in my library is not really helpfull.

When I saw that the premium account offers a "cached pages" feature, I immediatly registered. thinking this would be the end of my worries. However, I was somewhat disappointed when I tested this feature. The cached pages are there all right, but the highlights and sticky notes are not. So my work is still not saved.

Is it possible to not only cache there bare page, but also the highlights and sticky notes? If not, I would strongly suggest such a feature. This is the only way one can be sure of not suddenly loosing all the work.

Thank you very much and kind regards

Pesche

108 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Pesche_hPesche_h shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • cipnr korvocipnr korvo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would change Diigo into a much more useful tool altogether. Plus, this way you could even annotate saved (cached) pages, after having saved them.
    You could also add the option to "save all bookmarks", and Diigo could be used as an "offline browser"

• Elissa JaneElissa Jane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Plus make sticky notes different colours to use as reference for different levels of relevance, and/or to show that the information the note is stuck to branches off into another point of interest! :D

• Sandy_diigoSandy_diigo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is added to our To-Do list. Thanks for bringing this to our attention and help us to improve from the point view of users. Our team continues to be working hard to push forward the next phase of improvements and innovation.Stay tuned.

Feedback and Knowledge Base