I suggest you ...

private tags

I like the possibility of having private and public bookmarks.
But one think I really lack is that some tags are private.

example: I have a tag to-do which I apply to some stuff, but I'd like to keep the tag private and the post public.
I want to share the post, but not that it is on my to-do list.

Same thing as is done for sticky notes.

44 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Susana MSusana M shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Fuzbolero .Fuzbolero . commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this would be a very useful feature.
    A way to select some tags for "global exclusion" (across all lists, groups and library, and also a "per-list"/"per-group"/"library-only" setting. There are two main use cases, as I see it:

a) have a customiseable list of tags that will automatically be hidden from view(s), but still include the bookmarks they are used on in the list(s), tag cloud(s), rss feed(s), etc., and

b) have a customiseable list of tags that when used, they will not only be hidden, but the associated bookmarks will actually not appear in lists at all. (which can be seen as an "advanced private setting", a flexible way of setting private bookmarks in a more dynamic way)

PS. The OWNER must be able to see those tags and their bookmarks, they should only be hidden for others (members of groups, lists, or public).

This will also make it possible to tidy among bookmarks in more practical ways, by tagging a bunch of existing ones with a specific term which then in effect will immediately hide them from such lists, and let us handle them specifically (and list those later - and only those), etc.

The more we use this service, the more often we need flexible tools to help us tidy and group things. This kind of feature will help tremendously in several respects.

• Lauren MathesonLauren Matheson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I support this idea. Disagree with S Hein, it would be helpful to have bookmarks that are public, but with additional private tags for personal use.

• Niina KesämaaNiina Kesämaa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I support this one! I use some tags to list gift ideas for different people - I don't mind the bookmarks being public but I would like the tags to be private.

• S HeinS Hein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like this, but I'd want it to act so if you made a tag private, all the bookmarks you had under the tag would be private as well. Instead of having to go one by one and make each bookmark private

Feedback and Knowledge Base