I suggest you ...

offer an export feature that includes images and cached pages.

185 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Yoni BlumbergYoni Blumberg shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
planned  ·  Sandy_diigoSandy_diigo responded  · 

Currently group doesn’t support cached pages.We will support it later.Diigo will support the exporting of contents
in rich formats,including bookmarks &annotations and cached pages.The export will be in a zip format Along with that,we will develop client for desktop.
You can view these contents offline.
Anyway,our goal is" collect everything,access anywhere". Your data are safe all the time.

9 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Bridge PotterBridge Potter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looking forward to this update. its hard to commit to Premium without the security of being able to back up.

• Max KaehnMax Kaehn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The export would probably need to be in an archive format like ZIP or .tar.gz, with a big HTML file for your bookmark collection, referencing other files like cached web pages, your images, etc. This could also be part of an effective backup/restore functionality for Diigo.

• misty jmisty j commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like this a lot! Pairing this with a the ability to read and edit my diigo offline would be awesome. Also, the 'print' ability for lists needs to be revisited... seriously.

• Hanspeter HelferHanspeter Helfer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sounds great. If this is going to be implemented, please also include the highlights and stickies in combination with cached pages. So that in fact you export a highlighted document with all your notes.

Feedback and Knowledge Base