I suggest you ...

To have a tags bundle option (like in delicous)

The only feature that delicious has and that I regret Diigo hasn't

1,187 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Stéphane MétralStéphane Métral shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

70 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Fuzbolero .Fuzbolero . commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hey, Diigo-stars, when will this be moved to "planned"? :-)
    (and, at the point of decision-making: any way to hold a public voting for whichever options you are reviewing? Good thing to make sure you have the majority of users with you in your choice.)

• SCU LibrarySCU Library commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes please - could we have tag bundles. We need to be able to add tags, rather than individual sites, to lists.

• Josephine DoradoJosephine Dorado commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, tag bundles please! Like many, am migrating to Diigo because Delicious recently disabled many features as part of their restructuring process. #SocialBookmarkingFail. I'm an educator and use the tag bundle functionality for classes frequently.

• Sommer SprossenSommer Sprossen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, delicious got rid of this (among other things, like basically everything) and I would send you all my love if you could make this happen. <3

• L GL G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a good time to consider making this feature, since delicious decided to ditch it for some insane reason, making many people leave the service.

• c bc b commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really would like tag bundles. They're such an organic way of organizing tags, and much more useful for sorting through bookmarks than putting links in literal folders or re-sorting those individual links. That was the reason I first made the leap to cloud bookmarking services, for tags- a single link can be sorted in several ways according to several different criteria, rather than having to be re-bookmarked in three different folders it might be relevant to. I have hundreds of tags, and the way Diigo kind of ignores them is why I've stuck it out at delicious for so long. Even though I love Diigo's extra functions- the notes and highlighting are both cool and useful!- the core function I want from it, link organization, is lacking. I can hack it by putting common designations in front of all of my tags based on what they do, like work:resources and work:accounts for example, but I don't think that's what Diigo actually wants, because that takes the links out of the community tag pool.

• tanpopo Ltanpopo L commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please! Especially now that delicious has been "restructured". A tag bundle option would make diigo the perfect alternative.

• Alber van ZylAlber van Zyl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Up Tag Bundles! Tag Bundle supporters of the world, unite! Yes, bring the tag bundles, please. Pretty please, with sugar on top...

• missbabsonmarsmissbabsonmars commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! Very confusing to users of Delicious who have made the switch. The ability to organize or group tags by "bundles" is essential. May stick with Delicious and hope for the best as far as I-phone app.

Babs

• m cm c commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with J M. Having to type out Tags in the sidebar makes it impractical. That's why I'm using Lists instead. But then it takes 2 extra clicks to get to List drop down menu when making a bookmark in Firefox 3, so it's not an ideal solution. I hope either we can have drop down menu for Tags or we can have easier access to Lists.

http://feedback.diigo.com/forums/76211-ideas/suggestions/1897175-make-adding-a-bookmark-to-a-list-easier

• Eleanor LukenEleanor Luken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some tags I would to only be an option under one parent tag. For example, I'm leaking for a camera to buy and I creat tags for "under $100" and "100-250". These are tags I don't need to apply to any other category of tags because they are specific features rather than a traditional tag. However, I might also want to use a tag like "to buy" more traditionally, I would use it for a camera in the above list and I would also use it for items on a book list, shoes list, etc, so I could generate a list of items to buy from all my bookmark categories.

• jan jansenjan jansen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Delicious doesn't support firefox 4, so I was looking for an alternative. That's why I went to diigo. The only disadventage of this is the sidebar with My Library. So I would appreciate it a lot if this is also implemented as delicious did.

• L TL T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really like diigo but tag bundle drop down menus from the toolbar are the first thing i'm looking for. Until i can find a another bookmarking system that supports this i'll probably stay with delicious.

Feedback and Knowledge Base