I suggest you ...

To have a tags bundle option (like in delicous)

The only feature that delicious has and that I regret Diigo hasn't

1,186 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Stéphane MétralStéphane Métral shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

70 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Evan HarmonEvan Harmon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely! This is my biggest request. The only reason I haven't upgraded on Diigo is because I can't use it like I used to use Delicious. I would upgrade if we had tag bundles a la Delicious.

• Fuzbolero .Fuzbolero . commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great job collecting those similar issues/feature requests, Ivan Tishchenko!

For Diigo admins; isnt it time to simply put this on the PLANNED list, tag it as such so that we can be assured it is about to happen? I assume you dont need more "indications" that this is important for many users...

• Ivan TishchenkoIvan Tishchenko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate
  • scrol lessscrol less commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This excellent suggestion aims to have a 'combined view' for multiple tags. (I voted too)

I have also created a complementary suggestion with the aim to have tag bundles behave as tag 'templates' such that with one click, multiple tags can be assigned at one go.

Please vote here:
    http://feedback.diigo.com/forums/76211-ideas/suggestions/3067256-power-bookmarklets-tag-the-page-with-pre-defined#comments

Another example of why this feature is useful, almost a must-have. You know how you pick tags from "suggested tags" list? Sooner or later you end up with multiple names for the same thing, like: howto, "how to", how-to, howtos, faq, tips, tricks, tips-and-tricks etc. And then you cannot find the stuff you need because you don't know which one of those tags was applied to it. So you end up NOT using "suggested tags" and always type in your tags, and allow auto-completion feature correct your spelling making sure you chose one of your tags, not some other variants of it.

I have to give up "suggested tags" feature because it corrupts my tags structure, adding hard-to-eliminate duplicates.

If we had tag bundles feature -- I would just create a bundle HowTo, and added all these tags into it.

Kruppa, no, they are not similar. You explicitly add your links into lists. Whereas in bundles, you add your TAGS to bundle. And it automatically picks up all the links that have those tags. It is VERY powerfull. E.g. I know I have like 50 different tags related to programming, and I'm not really going to tag all of them with programming tag explicitly, because I have like 1k of links related to programming. That would really be too much to go over all those 1k links and tag all of them with programming tag. And with bundles that's much easier: I add all my programmin-related tags to one signgle Bundle, Programming, and then I can see all my programming links with one click. And each new link added to any of those tags is automatically reflected under the bundle! Ohhhhh I miss this feature SO MUCH....

• Erik StahlhutErik Stahlhut commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is essentially for me instead of using delicious - I use Diigo for differenz kind of areas, so I need a multidimensional organisation of my bookmarks.

I´m really looging forward for this feature

• benjamin diedrichsenbenjamin diedrichsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also think that hierarchical tags are a very powerful way to cluster information. It's the nature of single pieces of information that they can by classified using very different perspectives. This would also make the feature of organizing hierarchical lists obsolete, since custom tag hierarchies behave like dynamic lists with the advantage that each item can occurr in various "lists"

• csmcsmcsmcsm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have over 800 links to transfer into Diigo...the lack of the tags bundle feature is giving me real, real pause about using Diigo. When might this feature be up and running?

• Alessandro Di RuscioAlessandro Di Ruscio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're working on a bookmarks service that integrates tag bundles instead of folder. But we need some help to make it happen.
    If you wanna know something more about the project, take a look here: http://www.indiegogo.com/krumbr?a=575457
    and post question if you want to know more...

P.S. If you want, make a contribution. Your help is totally important to make it happen! :)

• Bobby WhiteBobby White commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just switched from Delicious. I LOVE tag bundles (or favorites tag lists) that I can put right on my browser bar. I use it all day to access my frequently used links or to create a quick list for a presentation I'm doing live. I use the tag toolbarhome as a quick way to access personal sites and toolbarwork for work. Otherwise I'm back to using my Bookmark tool in the browser for quick access. Please oh please. Otherwise Diigo rocks!

Also, a lot of work is spent typing in tags manually so it would be nice, after tag bundles are implemented, that we could tag a site by tag bundle name so that all of the tags attached to that tag bundle would automatically be applied to the site.

This is probably my #1 request. Just switched from Delicious and am pretty lost without being able to create tag bundles. I know for a fact that Pinboard is rolling out tag bundles very soon...

• Gilles CouzinGilles Couzin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just switched from Delicious (since the new owners, Avos, seem bent on making a pig's ear of it) to Diigo thinking 'lists' were similar to 'tag bundles' (i.e. lists of tags). How disappointing to find out they are not. Please make this feature a priority, the ability to group tags into meaningful categories is a must.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base