I suggest you ...

Drop Down for Currently Used Tags

It would be great feature, if Diigo offers a Drop Down menu of all the Tags currently in Use. I think at the moment it only offers the Auto Complete option for the Tags.

I will allow better use of all the existing tags without creating new ones everytime.

253 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Ash GuptaAsh Gupta shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Falst enFalst en commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes!! a little hover bar under the usual diigolet bar with current tags or even just a 'recently used tags', 'your most popular tags' or even 'recently used for this domain' section in bookmark add dialog would bring this service up to all levels of awesome. =))

this site is very social but, i dunno about other people but with own archives, public or not, i have tags that are like 'lazy identifications'. short, direct and very very specific to the user.

• Mrlloyd025Mrlloyd025 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Biggest frustration is difficulty remembering what tags I have used in the past. Would love drop down or any type of interactive tag cloud to let me click on previously used tags instead of attempting to re-invent vocabulary every time I want to bookmark a new page.

Ideally there would be two tag clouds or drop downs available for each bookmark -- one of all previously used tags for the user and a second of suggested tags by other users or indexing filter already in place. Current availability of only a few tags used on previous bookmark does not reflect real life usage for most of us.

Please consider and move forward on this request!!!!

• Kevin SuttleKevin Suttle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just want autocomplete on the site. If I accidentally format or spell a tag differently, I have a new tag to deal with and that breaks filtering by tag. Come on Diigo! Help us out here!

• Stephen ScholtzStephen Scholtz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Rather than a pull down, where you could only look at terms line by line, I'd rather see all my existing tags appear in a scrollable area below Diigo's suggestions.

Delicious did this with their bookmarklet, it helped me remember what words I used to describe certain ideas, rather than ending up with all these synonyms in my tag list.

• Snark SharkSnark Shark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any way to get their attention on this? People keep harping on how Diigo is supposed to be an adequate (nay, superior) Delicious replacement... but without that pulldown menu functionality, and the way you can access links from popular tags (and the best feature of all... the most used list)... Diigo turns out to be not even CLOSE to a match for Delicious.

Having to go to a web-based screen, or a sidebar, to explore your content is fine for advanced searching. But for basic navigation? Its intrusive and time consuming.

• Lo BroLo Bro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I thoroughly agree. The alphabetic option is frustrating. Much prefer the most used option as employed by Delicious.

• Steven ZekowskiSteven Zekowski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That is exactly what I would like as well. My goal is to avoid creating many similar, redundant, rarely used tags. I would like to make use of current tags as much as possible.

• SK ElkinsSK Elkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is something, I've found, that also becomes more and more important the longer one has used a service. As years pass, ones internal ontologies change, the words one thinks to use to describe the same concept change. My medical bookmarks from three years ago (when I was in considerably better health!) are all bookmarked "health." These days, I naturally want to tag them "medical." Without some reminder of what words one has used, things can get very messy.

• SK ElkinsSK Elkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes. Not having a list to choose from when tagging creates a lot of mess: many synonymous tags that then have to be managed -- a process made even more difficult by the lack of a 'merge tags' feature. I would *really* like to see this implemented.

• Sandro PerottiSandro Perotti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is important issue IMO, and I have requested it previously, to the point that it's the only reason that I do not use Diigo exclusively and as my primary tool for bookmarking and annotating.
    I hope some developer reads this and is kind enough to reply with some news on this. If it's something that you'll consider implementing or not, and by when.

Feedback and Knowledge Base