I suggest you ...

Improve UI for library view by making view more different

Right now there seems to be minimal differences between the Simple / Middle / Advanced views in the diigo library. Differences are almost un-noticable at times. Renaming them to more logical names would also help.

COMPACT should be a one/two line view of the bookmarks so you can scroll through a lot. If possible a down arrow would expand to show more info on click/hover.

Bring back the nice noticeable orange boxes that tell you how many annotations you have.

BROWSE should be close to what Middle is now, but i don't see why it can't have the checkboxes that Advanced has. (they don't take much space - or alternatively have an editing bar that shows only on hover).

If you put the editing tools in expandable ajax mouseovers in the first 2 views, then there doesn't really seem to be a need for ADVANCED. Unless you enable inline editing and drag and drop in an advanced view.

Right now none of the views seems to do what i want. Each has some features, but none is the right combination for scanning, editing or browsing.

45 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Soul BookSoul Book shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Jeff ByersJeff Byers shared a merged idea: Offer a truly "simple" view.  ·   · 

6 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • José DevezasJosé Devezas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The middle view seems to use a larger or bold font, but besides that there seems to be no difference. I thought small would hide descriptions, but it doesn't.

• Bruce FryerBruce Fryer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. This post is already 8 months old and there has been no response. Why not? A quick scan down a list is very fast as long as the list doesn't move, so there should be an option to have a large number of items on the screen at once.

• jaystarjaystar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Besides a larger font for the bookmark title, how does Middle view differ from Simple?

• jaystarjaystar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree completely. Simple view is too cluttered. Bookmarks should take 1 line (or 2 if long title), with actions hidden behind an expandable menu.

• claytellerclayteller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently, the simplest view displays a lot of text and options for each entry. It feels cluttered. It would be great if you hid all the action links behind one link. You know, some good ol' progressive disclosure.

• Soul BookSoul Book commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually, is there something WRONG with the "simple" library view - i can't see any difference between it and the Medium view!!!?

Feedback and Knowledge Base