I suggest you ...

bring back features from earlier versions that were removed: tag cloud and collapse annotations

82 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Werner E. L.Werner E. L. shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Bollon BulllBollon Bulll commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The idea with tags, not categories, is that you can index every subject with several tags. That makes the list of tag pretty long after a while - and the cloud-format helps you navigate. Thats the idea with tags, and tag clouds. A looong list of tags makes it harder to navigate. Please take the tag cloud back.

• Christian SparrowChristian Sparrow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely collapse annotations. I have some long passages that get in the way of efficiently perusing my saved clips. It kills my productivity. I want to see a collapse arrow on the right side (or somewhere intuitive) that allows me the option to close up some of those long passages, and leave others open. It would be open by default, but there would also be the option of collapsing all and leaving that as my default preference. How'd that be??

• Fuzbolero .Fuzbolero . commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you view a group, for example, and click on "View all" in the "Top 10 tags" of that group, then you get a tag cloud for that group. I agree that tag clouds should be used much more extensively and easier to spot here, though. And a setting for defaulting to collapsed annotations is absolutely needed.
    Diigo, can you please chime in here with a perspective, please?

• Cguerrero4081Cguerrero4081 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes even if you organize your bookmarks. I have have up to 40 annotations at times. It will be great to collapse them. Same with tags. 1+

Also to drag and drop bookmarks into lists would be even easier.
    Multiple page articles to count as one bookmark.

• aci rickaci rick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This suggestion contains two distinctive ideas. It should be split, in order to make possible for people to vote for one *or* the other.

• Suvinay SubramanianSuvinay Subramanian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

collapse annotations is defintely required. i have pages with 30 annotations and they show up in my library, which is not conducive for browsing.

• Werner E. L.Werner E. L. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

with those features it was soooooo much easier to navigate through tags, and skim through long lists of tagged links.

Feedback and Knowledge Base