I suggest you ...

toolbar in safari 5 (via extensions)

Develop a Safari 5 extension with all the toolbar features

120 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Vincent PelletierVincent Pelletier shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Michelle YorkMichelle York commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The diigolet seems pretty scrambled on my Safari (using Magic trackpad at least). As I scroll up/down the page, the diigolet bar moves the opposite direction. Often out of site/use when I need it. Maybe I just haven't figured out the magic way of using it yet. On my iPad, the bar stays at the top of the "visible" portion of the page.

• Steven ZekowskiSteven Zekowski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Regarding my previous comment. Diigolet actually does perform the "add to Delicious" function so long as you provide Delicious sign in info on the appropriate Diigo page. That page makes it sound as if toolbar is necessary but it is not necessary for this function. I decided to give it a try and it worked.

• Kay LeraKay Lera commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I sync bookmarks to mac devices using Safari. The full toolbar in Safari is a must if I am to make DIIGO my main social bookmarking tool.

• Steven ZekowskiSteven Zekowski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a Safari user, I would like the full functionality of the toolbar rather than the limited bookmarklet. Specifically, I would like to be able to use the "add to Delicious" function of the toolbar. (Yes, I am insuring against the future uncertainty of internet ventures.)

• marcel_stmarcel_st commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My bookmarks bar is always hidden, then the digolet is a bother option to me... A extension to Safari 5 would be perfect.

• Joe LoscoJoe Losco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to be able to click on bookmarks to go to a link without opening a new web page. Maybe open a sidebar that has my library links in it collapsible by tag or have a top window with tags, and bottom window where the selected tag shows up. I'm not sure the best way to accomplish it.

The Diigolet is great, except you cannot see your links with it (without opening a new tab). Its very handy for adding links to Diigo though.

• Kurt JacobsKurt Jacobs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One of my favorite features from the firefox toolbar which is missing in the Safari toolbar (as well as Chrome) is the screencapture ability and an easy way to search within your bookmarks without keeping a tab with Diigo constantly open.

• Musc ArtoMusc Arto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hi, i just wanted to inform Safari users, that Diigolet indeed works great on
    Safari (5.0.3). .... and the big deal is that you don't need a permanent-extra toolbar at-all in your safari browser. just clic that fresh installed Diigolet, and the toolbar apear where it is belong. and back away when you don't need it.
    Working that way, your safari browser will stay clean without tons of unnecessary toolbars and gadgets.

1000 x thanks to the Diigo-team 4 this handy Diigolet
    Musc :)

• Sandy_diigoSandy_diigo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently you can use diigolet on safari.
    What features of the toolbar do you want to use on safari?

Feedback and Knowledge Base