I suggest you ...

Make it more easy to rename tags

If you are a group moderator you often need to click on a certain tag in the group tag cloud and rename the tag (that might have been used by more than one group member). This is not possible today. Or is it? I if so - please make it more easy to understand how to do it.

29 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Alma TaawoAlma Taawo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Alma TaawoAlma Taawo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry but i don't see the change. Where I meant, it still looks the same as far as I can see.

• andrea menonandrea menon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

all modern lists of labels allow to rename labels in easy ways. google started the trend showing tags can be a substitute of folders. labels to rename and bundle ops in general are today out of reach for diigo. that's a missing opportunity. I understand that managing collect/archive/share/collaboration it isn't the same stuff when it comes to bkm management, still basic trends (like tag rename and bundel ops) should be implemented by now.

• Hans De KeulenaerHans De Keulenaer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with Graham Perrin. Personal tag management is user-friendly, Group tag management is a nightmare. I manage a group on energy. For some reason, users have tagged about 600 bookmarks in the group ' energy'. This is probably because they need energy as a personal tag, but in a group on the subject, it becomes meaningless.

And of course we have the tags 'renewable', 'renewables', 'renewable energy' and 'solar' which all label the same thing. Currently, the only way to manage these is manual editing on individual bookmarks, and gradually, one bookmark at the time, the tag dictionary becomes more consistent, and hence more usable.

• Damien EDamien E commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good idea.
    I also would like to be able to rename a tag. It often happens to name a similar "tag idea" with to different word. For instance, "Sports" and "Sport". I would like to be able to put them together or at least to rename one of them. This change would have to be effective for all the tag of the same series.

• Rico RoblesRico Robles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I guess the most easiest thing to do with it is to post your keywords or the phrases that you think most searchers or visitors searched on Google. I hope this will help you.

• Tyme 2.0Tyme 2.0 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

having a quick " substitute / replace with" function could be nice, because no need to edit the tag : click tag1 , click "replace with" button , click tag2..

• Graham PerrinGraham Perrin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I guess that the UI for edition of tags within a group should be more like the UI for edition of tags within a personal library.

Feedback and Knowledge Base