I suggest you ...

Power users feature: Filters

This might not be useful for all, and it's probably a "maybe later" feature. But Gmail style filters would be really useful.

Eg:

If tagged A and B but not C, add to list L1 and submit to group G3
If tagged F and unread, add to list L3.
If tagged G and H and read, add to list L4, add tags T1 and T2, submit to Twitter and Submit to blog.

667 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Soul BookSoul Book shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

23 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Salvatore FalconeSalvatore Falcone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Fuzbolero: all operators do work, and you can exclude multiple terms. Correct for what concerns RSS link (although on Firefox it is easily fixed in a "human readable" way); moreover, RSS link to lists is ok but, yes, it takes one more step.
    I agree that'd be nice having that "bug" fixed and getting a more immediate interface to filter and do actions on results.

• Fuzbolero .Fuzbolero . commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Salvatore: the "NOT" operator seems to work, thanks for that tip, I was not aware of that. It is not a Premium feature, as it works on both my Premium and non-premium accounts. A quick test shows that a search like "https://www.diigo.com/user/fuzbolero/technology,development%20NOT%20internet?type=&privacy=public, indeed shows the desired results without the bookmarks tagged "internet", but that page's RSS link points to: https://www.diigo.com/rss/user/Fuzbolero/technology%20development%20internet , which INCLUDES bookmarks tagged "internet" instead of excluding them. Possibly tricky to get exclusions to work with "logical" "human readable" terms in the RSS URLs. Bug, nonetheless.
    So, great that the "NOT" search operator works for searches and manual filtering, but that is not the feature we are asking for here. We need a settings page to configure multiple terms to be excluded in two ways, as described in this thread.

I reiterate my question, since I can't find such info.

I currently use logical operators, I often filter tags using "software NOT work", it works! Is this a premium feature only?

For what concerns list generation, the limit I can see is numer of listed results of filters, 100 per page; this fact makes you apply the same filter repeatedly to populate a long list.

If I understand this feature request properly, I hope this improvement actually means supporting "NOT", as in ommitting specified tags. There is also another issue about this, which then can be marked as a duplicate: "http://feedback.diigo.com/forums/76211-ideas/suggestions/1071395-to-locate-tagged-items-in-library-have-a-tag-to- "

In many situations there is a need to be able to list and also generate RSS feeds that provides all bookmarks in a list of group or library - "Except tags A, F and X". So that any bookmarks that contains A, F, OR X will be excluded from that particular listing. Futhermore, also the AND within the exclusion: "All bookmarks in the list or group, except any bookmark that is tagged with A, F AND X" - or just "A and X". This will enable us to really make use of the collaborative efforts for real, flexible content management and information management. That will enable us to easier put things into a closed group, know that we can filter out _most_ of the content externally and keep some specially tagged only in the closed group.

I do regularly use logical operators to filter my tags, is that a premium feature only?

Adding to lists/grups, sending, or submitting to blog are just limited by the maximum number of items per page (100 max)

This is an important step forwards. The more we use Diigo, the greater the need for flexible filtering options. Would be worth paying extra for. Could even offer Business-related payment services based on advanced filtering and such "content management" features.

• Grzegorz WierzowieckiGrzegorz Wierzowiecki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

* filters
    * scripting
    * regular expressions
    * better API to create such tools to work on client side (maybe as python scripts :P)
    etc

• Stephen ScholtzStephen Scholtz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't quite need all these features, but advanced filters seems like what I'm looking for, simple adding OR/NOT logic to the existing AND.

ex. Show me all bookmarks tagged "accessibility" but NOT tagged "drupal" to reduce returned results.

• stewdaystewday commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm a big fan of Gmail's filtering and lists. If it worked in a similar way that would be pretty cool. Would mean a specific bookmark could end up in more than one list, which is a better idea than having to try to force it into a single folder.

• Ty LaStrapesTy LaStrapes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second being able to sort filters alphabetically. Also, how about allowing more than just 20 bookmarks per filter?

• Ty LaStrapesTy LaStrapes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see a "most used" filter. Then I could reference my top x number of bookmarks in my toolbar.

• saiyom 123saiyom 123 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Sir,
    This is my aboriginal filter, so it is appealing simple, but I see this aftereffect everywhere abroad in the library and I apperceive that I will use this clarify even if cipher abroad does. Does anyone apperceive how to let the user accept approximate angles? With the sliders, I assume to alone be able to accomplish 0 and 90. So, I larboard it as a checkbox for now, but I would adulation to advancement this clarify so that I could do any angle.
    Thanks.Saiyom software solutions.
    www.saiyom.com

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base