I suggest you ...

Improve firefox toolbar usability

A few small tweaks to the firefox toolbar would go a long way.

Make the big Diigo Icon on the main navigation bar into a two-part button. Pressing the D would open the toolbar in one click. Pressing the arrow would open the drop down menu. (middle clicking could add a bookmark).

Have the icon change when a page is already bookmarked. (and also if there are comments etc.. )

Right now I tend to have the toolbar always closed, and the two click process for showing it is much less convenient than the one click for Stumbleupon.

(option to get search results to open in a new tab would be nice too!).

20 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Soul BookSoul Book shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Diego DurandDiego Durand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Exactly my ideas!
    Specially having the button to change somehow when the page is already bookmarked, WITHOUT having to open the toolbar to see if the icon is RED.
    The 'd' button should reflect it directly.

• Yorik van HavreYorik van Havre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should also be a small icon... When you add the diigo button to the main firefox toolbar (by using the "customize" right-click menu), the same customize menu allows you to choose between large and small icons. But the diigo button stays large only, even if you use small icons.

• SK ElkinsSK Elkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also agree. Or, if two-part functionality for the big D button is too complicated, then give us a "toggle toolbar" button that we can choose to add somewhere via "Customize Toolbars," just as we can with the other toolbar buttons.

• Evalyn GossettEvalyn Gossett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, and also diigo loses functionality because each time the browser is closed diigo closes and i lost my focus signing in when i should be allowed to click add bookmark.

Feedback and Knowledge Base