Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
ben dupben dup shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Falst enFalst en commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i currently tag a site with a date in the form #ddmmyyyy.
    if i simply want to make the bookmark show up more prominently when i visit the page, i run the "read later" bookmarklet to change it's "date of update" date.

since i need all those "date of creation", "date of update" and "date of article publication" etc, the only workaround i have currently for the last is to hashtag as "#published #ddmmyyyy" and "#e:ddmmyyy" for date of edits made to actual publication (a tag which thankfully, isn't employed as much).

my suggestion is to simply add another field or collapsible date selector for these instances. perhaps to make it try fetch the date using some algorithm and then correct in the full web-edit.

was wary of this feature at first (because more often than not, lazy bids to just save as a highlighted text) but thinking about it..there is much potential in being able to add an extra "manual date of choice". a gtd system for one comes largely to mind..

• Magali galisaidMagali galisaid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Indeed, when we bookmark an article from a newspaper or a blog, we want to save the date witch the article has been writing (for the memory and to sort correctly the article). For librarians, this void is a real handicap.

• Neven SusaNeven Susa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i'm with Phil here !
    this could be another date field that can be entered manully at least, if it cannot be fetched from html atribute of bookmarked page. this could be very useful information, to be able to eg. sort bookmarks of certain tag(s) by DATE PUBLISHED.

• Phil MarshallPhil Marshall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just added about 20 links, to various things I have written over the years. I would like to be able to sort them by *publication date*. n this case the important date belongs to the bookmarked page, not the bookmark! At the moment I can emulate what I want by tagging them with a year of publication, but it's clumsy. I think default sorting being by date added is fine, but an option to sort by an editable publication date would be really useful. It needs to be editable, because some timestamps will be unavailable (or not accurate to the content in question!)

• Mez SzurMez Szur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Graham - I imported a bunch of bookmarks from Delicious, and they were time stamped at the date of importation. It would be nice to be able to re-assign their dates.

• Susana MSusana M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fully agree with you Graham but I can't vote for that one, so i'll leave my votes here.

Feedback and Knowledge Base