I suggest you ...

Organise your bookmark list like yours os, in differents folders

The idea is that you could organise your selection of bookmarks, like you can in a selected folder and sub-folder of your operating system. EX List (music) in différents folders (classic, rock, ...)

1,952 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Phronima AxxonPhronima Axxon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
jody perkinsjody perkins shared a merged idea: Please create a gui interface for organizing bookmarks into folders!!  ·   · 
Berylaube 00Berylaube 00 shared a merged idea: Could you make it possible to organise the bookmark list as on a computer in different folders?  ·   · 
started  ·  Sandy_diigoSandy_diigo responded  · 

Thanks for all inputs.We are spearing no efforts to make Diigo 6.0 available soon. We are working on a brand-new way to organize items. You can use hierarchy system in a new way. it is also super easy to re-order items’ structure. Please stay tuned.

245 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Guy FawkesGuy Fawkes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tagging is the reason why I started using del.icio.us since it's much more powerful than folders. However, from a mathematical viewpoint, tags represent a graph whereas folders represent a tree, and trees are a subset of graphs. This means it's possible to use tags to create a hierarchy that simulates folders (this is exactly what the del.icio.us to browser bookmark syncers do). All that is needed is a way to represent the relationships between the tags.

• online vietnamonline vietnam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi! My husband and I are going to Palawan in October 2010.
    We want to stay Coco-loco Island Resort for 2 nights (from 21.10.10 to 23.10.10).
    I would really appreciate it if you could give us any advice (as we have never been to Palawan):
    1.How better to get from Puerto Princesa to Roxas and roughly how much money it cost;
    2. Rates of accommodations for 2 nights;
    3. What kind activities do you offer.
    Your early reply will be very much appreciated.
    Thank you!

http://www.hotel-in-vietnam.net/

• misty jmisty j commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really like the 'lists' capability in Diigo and agree that folders are evil. However, if there was a way to "link" our 'lists' into an "all encompassing" list it would make a huge difference. I personally make 'lists' of the separate segments of what I'm working on, but they often get intermingled with my other lists. A solution for this would be wicked.

• Yo'el ErezYo'el Erez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I fully agree with soulgrind r and Sean Brady. The whole reason I switched to Diigo from using Chrome's internal bookmarks function is that I wanted to get away from folder hierarchies. They are a thing of the past, and it would be far more worth the Diigo programmers' time to work on other functions.

• Sean BradySean Brady commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My only comment on this suggestion is please do not break tagging as it exists today on Diigo to implement this feature.If I wanted to use folders I would just store all of my bookmarks in Google Chrome. I agree with what others have said, it seems to be that there are more pressing issues that could/should be addressed first.

• Angel TorresAngel Torres commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

why not give the user the option of using either tags or folders, and everyone will be happy, I hate folders, I am not looking to mimick my operating system, tagging is the best!!!

• Angel TorresAngel Torres commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

tagging is the best!!! If folders get implemented, I will close my account. It is tagging one of the features I like about this program

• Christian DChristian D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do I vote against an idea? I would vote against this one. Tagging is a much more powerful tool. As nice as hierarchies might be, they're restrictive and would waste valuable Diigo developer time. Time which should be spent on fixing other things.

• Anne BubnicAnne Bubnic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I found a way to trick Diigo into thinking it has folders. Previously, I was having a problem with Diigo alphabetizing my lists when I want them according to my topic interests - and THEN alphabetized. Check out how I did it: http://bit.ly/diigofolders

• Billy ChanBilly Chan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@sandy_diigo, I don't think you need to build a big TREE. One tire folder with plain tags inside would be good. That's the similar to evernote with multiple notebooks and then tags. And I think you can implement quicker in this way.

Whatever solution you adopt finally, please do it asap!!! I need this function badly!!!

• Jim VaughnJim Vaughn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@sandy_diigo: A hierarchical folder system would be fantastic. It might demand more system resources, but the ability to have parent/child topics would be worth it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base