I suggest you ...

Organise your bookmark list like yours os, in differents folders

The idea is that you could organise your selection of bookmarks, like you can in a selected folder and sub-folder of your operating system. EX List (music) in différents folders (classic, rock, ...)

1,957 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Phronima AxxonPhronima Axxon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
jody perkinsjody perkins shared a merged idea: Please create a gui interface for organizing bookmarks into folders!!  ·   · 
Berylaube 00Berylaube 00 shared a merged idea: Could you make it possible to organise the bookmark list as on a computer in different folders?  ·   · 
started  ·  Sandy_diigoSandy_diigo responded  · 

Thanks for all inputs.We are spearing no efforts to make Diigo 6.0 available soon. We are working on a brand-new way to organize items. You can use hierarchy system in a new way. it is also super easy to re-order items’ structure. Please stay tuned.

246 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Diigo MayDiigo May commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe so many still request Folders when Tags & Search makes them obsolete!

• Kevin GohKevin Goh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

FOLDERS PLEEEEASE. I am beginning to get lost in my heaps and heaps of bookmarks.

Makes me wonder how I survived with Delicious.

• Chantal HochstrasserChantal Hochstrasser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the idea of folders, particularly if they could be colour coded (ie. we get to select a colour for each folder or group of folders!!) This would be especially useful for those visual learners amongst us.

• Sandy_diigoSandy_diigo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Nicole Masureik Can you please tell us where did you import
    bookmarks from and which service provides the folder feature?

• Nicole MasureikNicole Masureik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely. I'm really frustrated at just having imported all my bookmarks (which were beautifully organised by folder and sub-folder) only to discover that now I have to manually redo the WHOLE lot (and there are a lot) because Diigo hasn't organised them in the same way, or even used my folder names as proper tags. (The folder names are visible as tags, but when I click on the tag, Diigo tells me that I have nothing under that tag.

VERY frustrated. Might be simpler to just keep manually updating my various computers.

• Alec W.Alec W. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the only reason I am even considering using webnotes... Diigo is far superior, but I need a better way of organizing my work. Whether it's nested tags, or just standard folders and sub-folders, this is a glaring omission in Diigo. While you're at it, I really need pdf annotation too... Thanks Santa.

• istiqlalistiqlal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the idea of including a option for the use of folders. Not replace tags - it can be faster to just drop into folder & tag later. Would add ability to color code folders if needed. eg. Diigo red = untagged, blue = project info etc. SO YES to folders +1
    please visit http://istiqlaldutanet.blogspot.com/

• ybordiqybordiq commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

better even: hierachical tags (à la evernote)
    * like folders, they can be nested
    * like tags: one entry can have multiple tags (= ~ be in several folders at the same time).

=> example: a newspaper article on "blackberry playbook review" can be sorted in

/gadgets/bbplaybook
    /giftideas/geekfriends
    /it/development/mobile
    /it/development/adobe

• toni silvatoni silva commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the idea of including a option for the use of folders. Not replace tags - it can be faster to just drop into folder & tag later. Would add ability to color code folders if needed. eg. Diigo red = untagged, blue = project info etc. SO YES to folders +1

• namgivunamgivu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

NO!!! The tagging system works better than the folder one.
    If applied, please make softlink available - which is indeed, the tagging system but in hierarchy view

• SK ElkinsSK Elkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Folders and tags are not mutually exclusive, people!

I'm rather amazed at the number of people who are speaking out against this idea because they prefer tags to folders. I'm fairly certain that the idea here is to be able to have *both,* not to do away with tagging. Personally, I think a system that allows for both hierarchical (folders) and non-hierarchical (tags) ontologies is obviously superior to any system which only offers one and not the other.

• L NinowL Ninow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to vote agains this. It seems that lists do what they want. I moved to diigo because folders were too limiting

• stewdaystewday commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't believe this has over 200 votes!

I'm with the dissenters! Tags work much better for me than folders. Folders are far to limiting. If folders are implemented please keep tags working the way they currently do as well.

• Jeremy LuceJeremy Luce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Frankly, I would be thrilled if you made it work just like Delicious. This really the only area that Diigo is inferior to Delicious, and making this change would seal the deal!

• jenna mariannejenna marianne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you plan to implement this like delicious' tag bundles, I'm all for it. It's great to group tags into bundles, and to put individual tags in multiple bundles.

If it will be more hierarchical & constrictive, that's why I stopped using my browser for bookmarking.

• jaystarjaystar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Personally I find tags to be more intuitive than folders and I'm fine not changing this...

Feedback and Knowledge Base