I suggest you ...

Organise your bookmark list like yours os, in differents folders

The idea is that you could organise your selection of bookmarks, like you can in a selected folder and sub-folder of your operating system. EX List (music) in différents folders (classic, rock, ...)

2,024 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Phronima AxxonPhronima Axxon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
jody perkinsjody perkins shared a merged idea: Please create a gui interface for organizing bookmarks into folders!!  ·   · 
Berylaube 00Berylaube 00 shared a merged idea: Could you make it possible to organise the bookmark list as on a computer in different folders?  ·   · 
started  ·  Sandy_diigoSandy_diigo responded  · 

Thanks for all inputs.We are spearing no efforts to make Diigo 6.0 available soon. We are working on a brand-new way to organize items. You can use hierarchy system in a new way. it is also super easy to re-order items’ structure. Please stay tuned.

247 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Snark SharkSnark Shark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the key to this idea is to do what Delicious does (er... DID). Use the current tag system as a starting point and get it easily accessible into PULL DOWN MENUS (rather than making people waste a lot of extra time refreshing their whole screen to see a "flat" list. Like Delicious, allow favorite tags to be highlighted in those pulldowns, as well as most used links, and then ALSO on top of that do what Delicious never did... add in a nesting capability with folders. Pulldowns are a natural for this and about 100% faster than the way Diigo does it now.

• Mr MaherMr Maher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As an educator with over 4,200 bookmarks, 450 tags and 41 lists, I can say that folders are an absolute necessity. I started bookmarking with Spurl in 2003 and the folder hierarchy without the tags worked quote well. If the Diigo masters needed a buzzphrase for inspiration to introduce folders, how about "blended taxonomy"? I'll let them decide whether we put the bookmarks or the tags into the folders, but the linear structure will help us manage our libraries like nothing else can. C'mon folks, we're cheering you one. You've already made digital libraries possible - this would be an exponential advance is usability!

• L EllisL Ellis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

(sighs) you mean i need to rename my tags primary.secondary.tertiary to primary > secondary > tertiary .... nooooooooooo... (actually, secretly, i think this rocks)

• Polizei 2.0Polizei 2.0 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

great idea, but what about a proper tool / sidebar for chrome? I don´t realy get why that´s not working yet?! I want my sidebar back !!! the extension sucks!

• meistr perchennogmeistr perchennog commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's not what i want it's what i need. Hierarchical folders, first and foremost. Then tags if i wish to have alternative search bundle options.

• Vincent MimirVincent Mimir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hierarchy tags or folder tags should replace the list feature (else we'll have redondant information), then only group will remain to share infos between many users

• L NinowL Ninow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

at first I thought this was a ridiculous idea, but now that I have 347 tags, I understand the value of grouping the tags in folders. I thought that was what lists were, but you can't search for specific tags in lists. Maybe that can be an alternative implementation that may help? add tags to lists.

• Vijay KantavilVijay Kantavil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I think of the ways Diigo could implement this, Hootsuite and Tweetdeck come to mind. It would be great if Diigo could work something out with the Diigo Chrome Web App.

• Walter MazzolaWalter Mazzola commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+ 1...
    I need same folder structure I had in my Browser. Tags are good por searching but folders are nedded to keep them organized

• Matt DexSmartMatt DexSmart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you are new to the internet it's more than likely you have heard of the phrases hosting, or Cheap Web Hosting. You may not understand what this or how it will help you but there are many uses for it. Many individuals may be wondering exactly what Cheap Windows Hosting is.

<a href=" http://bbcwebhosting.com / "> Web Hosting Review </a>

• Tom PotterfieldTom Potterfield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be my number one request. I have over 1200 imported links tagged with words from my browser bookmark folders, but the diigo-created tags don't show up in My Tags, so even the limited batch tag management features don't work with these tags. I can't even see a list of my tags! Even if I can come up with workarounds, but it looks like it would take days of work to get anywhere that way. So...better tag management is essential! Until then, I'll have to stick to browser bookmarks & xmarks sync.

• Kevin kardaszKevin kardasz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New here. The advanced features are great, but the basic ones not so great. Having folders and sub-folders, drag and drop, would be so much easier.

• Tanaga HannahTanaga Hannah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely! This is a much-needed feature. Especially for educators. Otherwise it's just too long of a confusing list!

• Cassandra FCassandra F commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one of the things I'm waiting for. As long as you can use tags and the folder system at once, I'll be happy

• lkzcgfvf2000lkzcgfvf2000 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this feature will be very usefull. but shouls be posibility to use tags and folders at the same time.

• Ted DushaneTed Dushane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Folders have the advantage over tags and search that they are graphically intuitive. When those who say that outlining is "outdated" come up with an alternative structural paradigm, I'll take them more seriously. In spite of Google, search is *not* the answer to all organizational questions. Even in Gmail, they have folders - in the form of labels.

Hierarchical tags are a variation on the theme of folders - I wouldn't get too hung up on the details if it's easier to program it one way or the other.

My concern remains: if you have only a flat organization, which is what tags amount to, you've lost the conceptual tool that a hierarchical approach gives you.

• shanyuenshanyuen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let's move to chipmark.com
    They have all i want (FOLDER STRUCTURE, SHARE, SSL ENCRYPTION)
    It's bad idea without SSL encryption.
    if you go to internet cafe everyone easily can look at your bookmark data, etc.

Feedback and Knowledge Base