I suggest you ...

Organise your bookmark list like yours os, in differents folders

The idea is that you could organise your selection of bookmarks, like you can in a selected folder and sub-folder of your operating system. EX List (music) in différents folders (classic, rock, ...)

2,024 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Phronima AxxonPhronima Axxon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
jody perkinsjody perkins shared a merged idea: Please create a gui interface for organizing bookmarks into folders!!  ·   · 
Berylaube 00Berylaube 00 shared a merged idea: Could you make it possible to organise the bookmark list as on a computer in different folders?  ·   · 
started  ·  Sandy_diigoSandy_diigo responded  · 

Thanks for all inputs.We are spearing no efforts to make Diigo 6.0 available soon. We are working on a brand-new way to organize items. You can use hierarchy system in a new way. it is also super easy to re-order items’ structure. Please stay tuned.

247 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Emrah ÖzdemirEmrah Özdemir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i want it too ! in fact, i need it right now. because i am doing research about iis, (internet informations server) and iis migration, but there are too many sub content about iis and alots of bookmarks will be. and i need to put them seperated sub folders under iis, for example iis/migration, ii/security, iis/streaming

• Berylaube 00Berylaube 00 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This diigo page should have the ability to mark a post as spam. This page is getting spammed and them it come to my email. Fail. Fix.please

• Andrew LangfordAndrew Langford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very helpful - in effect would allow me to set up my Diigo library with faceted search, a combo of folders and tags where each bookmark can appear in many places. I could use then use Diigo for sorting and finding project for collaboration as long as they have a url. This gets my vote ...

• L. Shaw MitchellL. Shaw Mitchell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This diigo page should have the ability to mark a post as spam. This page is getting spammed and them it come to my email. Fail. Fix.

• cazteyyanozcazteyyanoz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I absolutely agree - I am getting very frustrated with having to tag things, and then move them into a list - now I have a million lists that I have to scroll through. What I would find most useful is a way to have sub-lists (like sub folders) or something that would serve a similar purpose.
    <A HREF="http://ganarenbetfair2.blogspot.com/">ganar en betfair</A>

• L. Shaw MitchellL. Shaw Mitchell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If diigo bookmarks with folders becomes a reality diigo will probably make all of the bookmark services I use superfluous and unnecessary. Diigo will do everything I need it to do. When diigo allows me to organize my bookmarks by folder it will indeed by day to celebrate.

• Eleanor LukenEleanor Luken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thinking of it like flexible tags would be good because then you could place a bookmark in several categories. This could be combined with some kind of filter in order to generate lists that have certain properties.

• Alexis LockwoodAlexis Lockwood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I absolutely agree - I am getting very frustrated with having to tag things, and then move them into a list - now I have a million lists that I have to scroll through. What I would find most useful is a way to have sub-lists (like sub folders) or something that would serve a similar purpose.

• forestcallforestcall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! This is a must have! I am a Premium user and this is very important to me.

Also would like to see the Bookmarks appear in the toolbar where the Chrome Stock bookmarks appear.

Code this please!

Diigo Dev team - Blueprint, Code, Bug Fix, Q/A Test, Release!

• J Scott PeterJ Scott Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hierarchical tags are a necessity. Any list of things over 20 items or so absolutely needs folders, to make searching and browsing it easier, and to just keep my brain clean.

My suggestion for how to do it is: drag any tag onto another one, to make it the child of the second tag. Parent tags function like regular text tags, *and* they're folders containing other tags.

A key function of this feature is that when assigning child tags, all parent tags are also automatically assigned. So if I have a parent tag "science", containing children "astronomy", "biology", etc, and I type "astronomy" to tag an item, that item will be findable by searching either "astronomy" or "science". And if I click on the "science" parent tag in my tag tree, I will see all items that have either the "science" tag directly assigned, or *any* of its child tags.

• renegadeskrenegadesk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think folders, but definitely tags and stored within the lists which will be the equivalent of "folders". Jut making it sync to the browser would be of the chain!

• yc cyc c commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you think about it, tags are like flexible folders
    Check out the folders at Google docs - apart from the folder icon, they are in fact tags.
    One could make special 'folder tags' that show at the top of the tags list and imagine folder icons besides...

Feedback and Knowledge Base